A lot of people like to eat seafood but sometimes, it can get a little annoying when you need to prepare it before eating. Most of the time, you need to peel off the shells, devein, and wash them. It’s a hassle but all that preparation is worth it to enjoy the succulent flesh later.
However, do be careful when you are cleaning shellfish because a woman in China recently passed away from a cut she got while preparing some shrimps. OMG! According to Apple Daily, the 60-year-old woman from Guannan County in Jiangsu Province accidentally cut her right middle finger with the shrimp tail when she was cleaning them.
Thinking nothing of it as she only felt a little pain, she ignored the cut. The next day, she noticed that the injured finger was swollen but didn’t do anything about it. On the second day, the woman developed a fever and her lower body started to swell as well.
That was when her family decided to send her to the hospital where they were shocked to discover that she was already suffering from septic shock and her organs were starting to fail. The doctors tried to save the woman but unfortunately, after 10 days in the hospital, the woman passed away. RIP. 🙁
The doctor said that they suspect she was infected Vibrio vulnificus, which is a rare but deadly bacteria with a very high mortality rate. This dangerous bacteria is found in marine environments and can be contracted from eating raw or undercooked shellfish and injured skin that is exposed to the bacteria. Like through a wound!
The woman also had liver disease which aggravated her infection and made her more vulnerable to the bacteria. It was reported that when the infection deteriorates into septicemia, the mortality rate rises to 50%. The majority of these people die within the first 48 hours of infection.
This is certainly a very scary incident! Be careful when handling shellfish, guys!
Grab the Chance to Win a FREE Family Trip to Iceland By Just Doing This!
Do you know what’s better than a family holiday to Europe? A FREE European family vacation of course! We’re not...
Think There’s Nothing to Do in Laos? Think Again! Here Are 6 Places That Will INSTANTLY Change Your Mind
Out of all our Southeast Asian neighbours, Laos has got to be one of the most underrated countries in terms...
From 21st Nov – 1st Dec, You Can Get Ice-Cream For RM3 At These Inside Scoop Locations
Hear ye, hear ye, Inside Scoop is back with another promotion! To celebrate their sixth birthday, you can get a...
200yo Mosque Will Offer The Homeless Beds, Pillows & Water Regardless Of Your Religion!
Man Reaches Down Pants, Holds His Penis Then Dumps Semen On Woman By The Sidewalk
FINAS Revealed To Be Partnering With New M’sian Ethical Streaming Service ‘aflix’
Kedah Volunteer Told To Stop Assisting Malay Accident Victim Because He’s Not Malay
M’sian Woman Left At A Mamak Stall First Date Because She Was ‘Fatter Than in Pictures’
19yo Teenager Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Night Club, Baby Gets Free Entry For Life
- Heartbreaking2 days ago
25yo M’sian Man Dies of Heart Attack After Futsal, His Wife Couldn’t Make it in Time to See Him
- Malaysia18 hours ago
Netizens Rage When 7 Boys Who Allegedly Raped a 14yo Girl at School Are Allowed Bail to Take SPM
- Funny17 hours ago
Netizen Doubts Man is Sabahan, Hilariously Says He Looks Malaysian Instead
- Heartbreaking19 hours ago
12yo Girl From China Jumps to Her Death in Front of Her Classmates After Teacher Humiliates Her
- Malaysia24 hours ago
Netizens Enraged by Finas Call For Govt to Censor Netflix in M’sia
- Inspiring2 days ago
Watch: Friends Serenade Broken-Hearted Bro To Cheer Him Up After A Break Up
- Viral2 days ago
Foreign Driver With No Licence Arrested When He Tried To Bribe Honest Policemen
- Viral2 days ago
Australians Sing Getaran Jiwa Flawlessly, Could Be The Most Beautiful Rendition Thus Far!