A lot of people in Malaysia love to head to Thailand as there are so many things to do there, but did you know that Koh Samui is actually an awesome destination for you and your bae? Of course, there are the beaches that people know about but there’s actually a lot more to Koh Samui than you think!
Curious to know what they are? Well, we’ve gone ahead and put together this ultimate guide for Malaysian couples who are keen to explore the wonders of Koh Samui. Enjoy!
Beautiful sites to see
1. Lamai Beach
Where it is: The east coast of Koh Samui
- Check out the Lamai walking street market that’s hosted on Sunday evenings
- The Hin Ta and Hin Yai rocks aka “rude rocks” because of how they resemble genitalia
- Head to the yoga and detox retreat, Spa Samui, for a relaxing session together
Why it’s great for couples: You get to enjoy each other’s company without having to deal with noisy crowds, as it’s one of the more secluded beaches.
2. The Na Muang Waterfalls
Source: The Travel Manuel
Where it is: South east of Nathon Bay
- The pools at the base and at the top of the waterfall are perfect for relaxing
- Na Muang Waterfall 1 at 18 metres is easily accessible by vehicle, which makes for a fun opportunity to ride a motorcycle together
- Hiking to the top of Na Muang Waterfall 2 (80 metres in height) is definitely worth it for the stunning view too
Why it’s great for couples: The waterfalls surrounded by lush greenery provide the perfect backdrop to a romantic time together. Photo ops aplenty!
3. Ang Thong National Marine Park
Where it is: At the Gulf of Thailand, which is only a short boat trip away
- Water activities like snorkelling and kayaking
- Hiking to the highest viewpoint for a stunning view
- Basking in the beauty of the emerald seawater lake – Lake Thale Nai at Koh Mae Ko, which is encircled by limestone cliffs
Why it’s great for couples: The chance for the two of you to experience an island adventure together surrounded by wildlife is simply unbeatable!
Yummy things to enjoy
1. Mit Samui Restaurant
Where it is: Chaweng
- Has more than 200 Thai food dishes – keep calm and take your picks!
- Delicious yet budget friendly restaurants, where a meal for 5 people can cost less than RM125
- Must-try: Their stir fried crab with yellow curry and lobster dipped in tamarind sauce
Why it’s great for couples: You’ll get to feast on a variety of local dishes and fresh seafood with plenty of options that won’t burn a hole in your pocket!
2. The Cliff Bar and Grill
Source: Eating on Samui
Where it is: South east coast of Koh Samui
- Dine near the edge of a cliff
- It’s an award-winning restaurant – affirmed by the countless positive reviews for their food by customers
- Highly recommended: Zarzuela De Marisco Seafood Platter, the steak, prawns piri-piri
Why it’s great for couples: The delicious Mediterranean-style food against the gorgeous backdrop of a scenic bay in candle light makes the perfect romantic moment for any couple!
3. Chez Francois
Source: Samui’s Best Restaurants
Where it is: Fisherman’s Village
- French cuisine that’s lovingly prepared by the chef and owner Francois (he’s like a friendly uncle lah)
- A variety of selections to choose from for their four- or five-course meals
- The desserts are highly regarded and since they come in a tasting platter, you get to try more flavours too
Pro-Tip: Don’t forget to make a reservation, as this place is quite popular!
Why it’s great for couples: For a more atas makan experience, you can trust this fine French-dining outlet that boasts a cosy environment guaranteed to leave you pleasantly satisfied.
Experiences to share
1. Enjoy the local sunset while you’re on a catamaran
Source: nautiness sailing
Where it is: On the sea
- Different cruises to cater to different budgets and plans
- Sail to Koh Pha Ngan to snorkel around beautiful coral reefs or lay on the beach
- Top service experience – You’ll be picked up from your hotel to the boat, and have a crew that will make sure all your expectations are met!
- Relax, sunbathe, and enjoy the view of the ocean
Why it’s great for couples: The romantic experience on a chartered boat and being able to enjoy the sunset from the water itself is one not to be missed!
2. Get wild together at Pha Ngan’s Full Moon Party
Source: Al Jazeera
Where it is: Koh Pha Ngan, 30 minutes boat ride from Koh Samui
- Party to different types of music, from Trance to Reggae
- Drinking alcohol from buckets
- Entertainment like jugglers and fire-eaters to keep you amused
- Different activities involving fire like jump rope and jumping through a hole (which we suggest approaching with EXTREME caution)
Why it’s great for couples: A huge beach party that happens monthly, this experience gives you and your bae the chance to get wild and have fun together!
3. Take a short trip to Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao
Where it is: A short boat ride from Koh Samui
- Scuba diving or snorkelling at Koh Nang Yuan
- Hiking up Koh Nang Yuan to catch the beautiful view of the island
- Catch the sunrise together at Love @ Koh Tao, which is adorably charming
- Sairee beach, Koh Tao has places where you can party at or you can unwind at Fizz too
Why it’s great for couples: Plenty of beautiful scenic things to do all over Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao to keep you occupied and happy.
With all these things to experience, what’s most important is having your loved one there with you to make those romantic memories together. Well, now is your chance to whisk them away for a vacay they won’t forget, thanks to The Tourism Authority of Thailand, along with Bangkok Airways and Expedia.
You and your bae can enjoy the delights that Koh Samui has to offer starting from RM1,010 per person for a 3-day 2-night package. Yeap, that includes flights and accommodation too!
Since Bangkok Airways is the only airline that directly flies to Koh Samui, you’ll also be able to get there without having to make any stops. Who doesn’t love hassle-free travel, right?
Booking date: 1 – 31 March 2018
Travel date: 1 April – 30 November 2018
Sounds awesome right? The island vibes are definitely calling out to you already. Hurry up and head here right NOW to book this as well as to check out other great deals too. You definitely don’t want to miss out, especially if Thailand has a special place in your heart!
I Mailed Myself to My Mom in Damansara Utama
We Try Malaysia’s First Spicy Noodle Soup Challenge
Explore Ancient Remnants, Floating Villages & MORE For The Adventure Of A LIFETIME At Siem Reap
Intrigue, cultural discoveries, mystery, and excitement—what’s a holiday without a little bit of adventure? Whether you’re a solo traveller, couple...
Video: Convoy of Over 20 VIP Vehicles Enters Istana Negara, Is The New Coalition Happening?
Police Shares How Cute Doggo Shows up at Texan Police Station and Has a “Ball” With Them
Creator of Lego Minifigure, Jens Nygaard Knudsen Passed Away at 78
Company Behind Collapsed Condo In Taman Desa Used Illegal Immigrant Workers & Underpaid Them
“Difficult To Deal With Indian Buyers,” Property Agent Tells M’sian Lady Wanting To View House
“It Scars You For Life”, Lady was Discriminated While Boarding Flight Because She’s ASIAN
- Food2 days ago
Do You Pick The Taugeh Out Of Your Char Keuy Teow? Here’s What Science Says!
- Culture2 days ago
Why Do M’sian Hairdressers Always (Frustratingly) Cut Our Hair Way Too Short?
- Viral2 days ago
Video: Did A Dust Storm Just Hit the Shores of Penang?
- Malaysia2 days ago
Man Suffers 18 Hour Erection, Doctors Think It Could Be Caused by Marijuana
- Viral1 day ago
Exposed: Workers in Indonesia Repackaging USED Surgical Masks For Sale
- Viral15 hours ago
Watch: Klang Man Tries to Rob Jewellery Store, Gets Injured and Caught by Public
- Heartbreaking2 days ago
Animal Shelter in Mexico Surprised By a Dog At Their Doorstep With Heartbreaking Letter
- Malaysia1 day ago
EPF Announced Lowest Dividends Since 2008, Netizens Are Not Happy