Nowadays, it’s a common thing for parents to pass a smartphone or an iPad to their children in order for them to stop acting up.
Recently in Thailand, a Facebook user by the name of Dachar Nuysticker Chuayduang shared an unfortunate incident that happened to his 4-year-old daughter that had to go through eye surgery for spending too much time on mobile phones.
The dad, Dachar claimed to have exposed his daughter to gadgets at the age of 2. In his Facebook post, he explained how he handed gadgets to her to keep her occupied while he was working. Due to the excessive use, the daughter started having eyesight problems which led to her wearing glasses.
Apart from that, she had been showing signs of being easily distracted where she couldn’t sit still or even concentrate without a device in her hands.
According to FeedyTV, the doctor said that Dachar’s daughter had vision loss or “lazy eyes” – eyes that do not simultaneously work together, because an eye is working more effectively compared to the other. As a result, she has not only visual impairment but also squinty eyes.
After the surgery that took place on 31 October, the girl was finally able to use both eyes simultaneously. The doctor added how she was not allowed to use a phone, iPad, computer and even watch television. The light that is emitted from these devices is the main cause of vision loss that required her to undergo surgery.
We hope she recovers ASAP! To parents out there, let’s not make it a habit to rely on your devices to calm your children.
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Indonesia Says Spongebob is Bad Influence and Labelled the Movie As ‘Violent’
Yuna is Now Officially Signed to One of the Top Modelling Agencies in the WORLD!
Watch: Two Guests Start Fighting At A Wedding Reception… Over RENDANG!
37yo Fitness Instructor Suddenly Gets Stroke, Doctor Says It’s His Genes & Lack of Sleep
4yo Boy Who Had Fever, Rash and Leg Pain Turns Into ‘Sepsis’ That Almost Takes His Life
Lady Shares Cute Story of How She Saved Dying Pet Goldfish After Its Tail Rotted Away
- News2 days ago
Baby Dies After Haze Causes Her to Have Shortness of Breath & Respiratory Infection
- News13 hours ago
NASA Released Shocking Images of Indonesia’s Haze Which Can Be Seen Even From Outer Space
- Malaysia2 days ago
Beware: Armed Men in Proton Saga Rob Women in Broad Daylight Right Outside Their Damansara Home
- Viral16 hours ago
The Haze in Indonesia is So Hazardous That Birds Are Falling Dead on the Streets
- Inspiring1 day ago
71yo Auntie Sells Bread to Survive But People Are Stealing From Her Because She’s BLIND
- Tech2 days ago
Guy Finds PS4 Infested With COCKROACHES While Cleaning It, But It’s Apparently Common
- News2 days ago
Study: Superbugs Found in Raw Seafood Could Cause Sushi Lovers to Be Antibiotic-Resistant
- Inspiring2 days ago
“Bro Have You Eaten? This Food I Belanja”, Kind M’sian Buys Food Just to Treat Rider Makan