It’s always good to check your drinks or food for foreign items before you consume them or else you might find some unwanted objects, like this girl who chewed on silica gel thinking it was pieces of nut. Or this girl, who spat out a lizard from her bubble tea drink.
The unfortunate story was shared by Sharil Bharin via Twitter. It started when Anis went to get a Starbucks drink for herself. After getting it, she proceeded to add some nuts into her drink. All seemed good thus far.
Later, as she was enjoying the drink, she felt something in her mouth that she likened to pieces of nut but instead of inspecting it, she convinced herself that it was indeed chunks of nuts and continued chewing. A while later, she tasted something foreign again, which she described as plastic-like. However, she again convinced herself that it was the nuts’ plastic and continued to finish the drink. Bruh, we wouldn’t even eat the packaging of the nuts.
Finally, only after finishing her drink did she find out that she wasn’t chewing on nuts or the nuts’ plastic this whole time, but that she was actually chewing on silica gel. Yikes!
Immediately, Anis went to the clinic to get checked but the doctor insisted that she went to a hospital. So, following the doctor’s advice, Anis decided to go to a hospital in Serdang. While she was there, the doctor did a blood test for her and also encouraged her to make the issue viral. Which she did.
As the issue got viral, Starbucks Malaysia has since issued an apology via the Twitter thread, assuring that they are taking the matter seriously. Then, a while later, they gave an update that they had reached out to the affected person and will take severe action on the matter. Good on them for looking into the matter quickly!
On the other hand, some of the netizens also shared similar cases that they had experienced in the past. For instance, one commenter shared that he once accidentally chewed on a millipede while drinking milo ikat tepi. Meanwhile, another commenter shared about that one time he chewed on a fly while drinking a bubble coconut shake. Yuck!
So, guys, remember to inspect your food and drink before consuming them too quickly!
I Mailed Myself to My Mom in Damansara Utama
We Try Malaysia’s First Spicy Noodle Soup Challenge
Explore Ancient Remnants, Floating Villages & MORE For The Adventure Of A LIFETIME At Siem Reap
Intrigue, cultural discoveries, mystery, and excitement—what’s a holiday without a little bit of adventure? Whether you’re a solo traveller, couple...
Funny: M’sian Mak Cik Tries To Steal RM300 Worth In Shampoos & Canned Foods In Doreamon Pants
1yo Kuantan Baby Dies After Dad Unknowingly Left Them In Car For Whole Day
Director of Wuhan Hospital Allegedly In ICU With Coronavirus Following Conflicting Reports Of His Death
Qinni, Creator of The “Crying in a Puddle” Meme, Dies of Stage 4 Cancer
This New TikTok Trend Is So Dangerous, People Have Already Died
Aircrafts ‘Locked’ at Heathrow Airport, Including One From Malaysia Due to a Coronavirus Suspect
- Viral23 hours ago
This Book Published in 1981 Eerily ‘Predicts’ the Coronavirus Outbreak in 2020 & We’re Shook!
- Viral2 days ago
AirAsia Flight Attendant Has Had Enough, Makes PSA on Toilet Etiquette
- Malaysia2 days ago
M’sian Artist Turned Old Klang Road Apartment Into Malaysia’s Largest Mural In 10 Months
- Heartbreaking1 day ago
Poor Kitty Found Dead With Electric Wire In Its Teeth After Biting It, Owners Urged to Lookout For Pets
- Viral2 days ago
Video: Watch This Group Steal From a Couple at a Food Court
- News2 days ago
OMG! A Kambala Jockey in India Beat Usain Bolt’s 100-metre Olympic World Record
- Malaysia2 days ago
Drunk Driver Crashes Into A Car And Three Motorbikes, Killing One In Negeri Sembilan
- Viral1 day ago
Selayang Snatch Thief Gets Instant Karma, Loses His Leg In Crash After Snatching Woman’s Handbag