Oh no, this is terrible!
Just recently after the news of Seremban’s wet market going up in flames last week, it appears that another one of our favourite makan places in Kuala Lumpur has suffered the same fate.
According to a Facebook post shared by a netizen, it appears that a massive fire took place about 1.40am this morning (September 15), which razed through some of the stalls on Pudu’s famous Glutton Street or more affectionately known as “Wai Sek Kai”. No, say it isn’t so!
In the post, the video shows firemen and police at the scene, battling with the huge fire as several shocked onlookers watched from a distance. Luckily, as the fire happened during the wee hours of the morning, all the stalls were closed and it doesn’t look like there was anybody at the scene when the fire occurred. Thank goodness!
The firemen who were seen dousing the flames and trying to put them out finally succeeded in doing so. As of now, there have been no news of any casualties reported or the cause of the fire, however, netizens who saw the post lamented the loss of this famous food street that has been around for more than 60 years. Remember eating that crispy fried chicken, hearty porridge and washing it all down with a chilled cup of herbal tea? 🙁
The fire appears to have started at the middle of the street so it looks like some of the stalls are still standing. A netizen who had a stall there commented that all the stalls along the street will be closed for the day. Meanwhile, some of them said, “Oh no, the place that we always go for our meals is gone!” Another said, “Gone, my favourite place to eat is gone. How lah?” 🙁
Watch the videos here:
Hopefully the place will be restored soon so that we can get to enjoy our favourite food once again!
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Brave 6-year-old Dies After Rushing Into Fire in Attempt to Pull His Grandfather to Safety
Beware: 2 Thieves Recklessly Try To Rob From Houses in KL, Even When There Are People Inside
Forest Fires in Indonesia Are Leaving Endangered Sumatran Orangutans Homeless Among Ashes
Malaysian Loses 75kg in Only 6 Months by Doing 20 Minutes Exercise Every Day
Did You Know Malaysians Can Actually Renew Their Passport Online? Here’s How
Cruel Woman Chops Off Her Dog’s Paw As Punishment For Annoying The Neighbours
- Malaysia2 days ago
Wife of Famous M’sian “Tit Tar” Master was Allegedly Domestically Abused and Beaten
- Inspiring2 days ago
Baptist College In Australia Changes Dress Code To Accommodate Their First Hijabi Student
- Viral21 hours ago
Tuition Teacher Rapes Underage Student 285 Times & Promises to Marry Her When She Turns 18
- Viral2 days ago
M’sians Are Sticking Pantyliners in Surgical Masks to Fight Haze & We Can’t Believe It
- Malaysia1 day ago
Netflix Series Shows Spy Using ‘Old’ Coin to Pay for Newspaper and It’s… The Malaysian 10 Cent Coin
- Funny2 days ago
M’sian Employee Attempts To Write Minutes In Cantonese, Despite Not Speaking A Word Of It
- Viral4 hours ago
4yo Boy Only Had Pain in Leg But Was Later Diagnosed With Sepsis & Deadly Flesh-Eating Disease
- Malaysia7 hours ago
Kuching Is Now The Most Polluted City in the WORLD Because of the Haze