Connect with us

Malaysia

M’sian Man Falls Asleep While Holding a Still-Lit Cigarette, Burns Down Whole House & Almost Died

Published

on

M'sian Man Falls Asleep While Holding a Still-Lit Cigarette, Burns Down Whole House & Almost Died - WORLD OF BUZZ 6
Source: Kosmo! Online / Pixabay
Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!


Smokers, take note!

A 35-year-old man from Kangar, Perlis almost burned to death at his home at Sri Sena when he fell asleep while his cigarette, that was still lit, was still in his hand.

Khairul Arnizar Embi, said that he had returned home at 1.50pm and was smoking but had fallen asleep, causing him to let go of the cigarette.

Moments later, he was shocked to wake up to the smell of smoke and realised that his whole living room was on fire. He then immediately got out of the apartment to save himself, reported Kosmo! Online.

The Perlis Malaysia Fire and Rescue Department was alerted at 1.58pm and rushed to the scene where they managed to put out the fire that had burned about 70 percent of the apartment unit.

Perlis Malaysia Fire and Rescue Department deputy director Mohd Khairull Rizall Yahya said that 10 members and three fire engines rushed to the location upon receiving the call.

Khairul told reporters that he regrets what happened when he let go of the cigarette because he fell asleep. And because of this, he did not have enough time to save anything from his house. He was, however, grateful that the fire did not spread to his neighbour’s house.

In the meantime, Khairul has no choice but to stay at his mother’s house which is in the same block as his apartment. He also mentioned that he is unable to estimate the amount of losses he incurred from the fire.

Thankfully he was able to wake up in time to save his own life! Unfortunately, his house and most of his belongings could not be saved. 

 

Also read: 13yo Penang Boy Reportedly Beaten Up by 3 Men For Stealing Cigarettes, Parents File Police Report

M'sian Man Falls Asleep While Holding a Still-Lit Cigarette, Burns Down Whole House & Almost Died - WORLD OF BUZZ

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

TRENDING