We often think nothing of storing our food and fruits in the fridge to be eaten at a later period but do be careful about how you store these foodstuffs because it can cause you to get really sick.
This 70-year-old man in Xiangxiang city, Hunan, China ate some watermelon that he had placed overnight in the fridge which caused him to undergo surgery to remove parts of his small intestine. According to Apple Daily, the man, known as Zhang, said that he had eaten the watermelon in the fridge on the evening of July 25.
Two hours after he finished eating the watermelon, he started to experience excruciating stomach pain and the next morning, he couldn’t bear it anymore and went to the hospital. Zhang was referred to Changsha General Hospital for further treatment.
After examining the man, doctors suspected that his intestines had an obstruction or had already necrotised. To determine this, they performed a laparotomy on him to diagnose his condition and discovered that he had developed necrotising enterocolitis which is a medical condition where part of the bowel dies. WTF?!
They had to perform an operation on Zhang and found that about 70 cm of his small intestine was congested and had necrotised. They did a surgical resection to remove the damaged parts and thankfully, Zhang is now recovering from the operation.
Apparently, the doctor said that many people think that placing food in the fridge will prevent it from getting spoiled but that is not true.
The method of storing it is important as well to prevent bacteria from growing. Zhang had stored his watermelon by using some cling film to wrap it but this was not enough to keep it safe and it might have gotten contaminated before that.
Be careful, peeps and remember to store your food properly!
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Lady Shares Cute Story of How She Saved Dying Pet Goldfish After Its Tail Rotted Away
Brave 6-year-old Dies After Rushing Into Fire in Attempt to Pull His Grandfather to Safety
Beware: 2 Thieves Recklessly Try To Rob From Houses in KL, Even When There Are People Inside
Malaysian Loses 75kg in Only 6 Months by Doing 20 Minutes Exercise Every Day
Did You Know Malaysians Can Actually Renew Their Passport Online? Here’s How
Cruel Woman Chops Off Her Dog’s Paw As Punishment For Annoying The Neighbours
- Malaysia2 days ago
Wife of Famous M’sian “Tit Tar” Master was Allegedly Domestically Abused and Beaten
- Inspiring2 days ago
Baptist College In Australia Changes Dress Code To Accommodate Their First Hijabi Student
- Viral21 hours ago
Tuition Teacher Rapes Underage Student 285 Times & Promises to Marry Her When She Turns 18
- Viral5 hours ago
4yo Boy Who Had Fever and a Rash Was Later Diagnosed With Sepsis & Deadly Flesh-Eating Disease
- Viral2 days ago
M’sians Are Sticking Pantyliners in Surgical Masks to Fight Haze & We Can’t Believe It
- Malaysia1 day ago
Netflix Series Shows Spy Using ‘Old’ Coin to Pay for Newspaper and It’s… The Malaysian 10 Cent Coin
- Funny2 days ago
M’sian Employee Attempts To Write Minutes In Cantonese, Despite Not Speaking A Word Of It
- Malaysia7 hours ago
Kuching Is Now The Most Polluted City in the WORLD Because of the Haze