This is why you shouldn’t believe everything you see on social media!
A middle-aged man recently died of a heart attack (26th July) after he read an article that urged patients with heart conditions to stop their medications. This incident took place in Harbin, China.
According to Sinchew, the article circulating on social media claimed that the three hottest days of the year are arriving and the heat will cause the medicine to become ineffective. Therefore, the article urged patients to stop taking their prescribed medication for three days.
The 58-year-old victim surnamed Zhao had cardiovascular disease and he had undergone stenting procedures twice before. He was reminded by his cardiologist to take his medication on time in order to stabilise his condition. Everything was fine until he stumbled upon the ‘health tips’ from that article.
It was said that 17, 18, and 19 July were the three hottest days of the year and that any consumption of heart medications would not only be ineffective, but harmful. What logic is that?!
Zhao took the health tips seriously and stopped his medications. For the first few days, he was fine and went about his life as usual.
Sadly, he collapsed to the floor after complaining about chest pain during a dinner with his friends. It was understood that he had just ordered some beer and didn’t even finish his meal when the heart attack struck.
Zhao was rushed to the emergency department but the doctors failed to revive him. He was later diagnosed with a heart attack.
One of the senior doctors at the department said that many had believed the baseless health tips and stopped their medications. Just last week, three elderly patients aged between 50 and 80 had died of a heart attack in one night when she was working on a night shift.
She added that patients with heart conditions should never stop medications without first consulting their doctors. Patients were also reminded to stay away from cold drinks and beer no matter how warm the weather might be.
So guys, please authenticate the information you receive on social media before putting them into practice. If you’re in doubt about any health tips, it’s best to consult medical professionals for your own safety.
New Year, New Travels: Malaysians Share Their Favourite Destinations to Makan Angin This CNY!
Travelling is arguably one of the best ways to broaden your perspective and knowledge of other cultures and, for some,...
What Say You: Why Is Kuching Called Kuching?
6 Delicious Places in Milan Every Malaysian Foodie MUST Visit That Only the Locals Know About
We all dream of visiting Europe one day. The rich history, cathedrals, incredible architecture, what’s not to love? One of...
Someone in Melaka was Putting Medicine Pills with Cat Food to Poison Them to Death
This Lady Just Became the FIRST Malaysian Crowned World No. 1 in Accounting Exam
Water Disruption Expected In Subang Jaya After Car Accident Caused Major Pipe Burst In Area
Worried Owner Thought Kitten with Bloated Tummy Was Sick, Turns Out It Was Just Fat
83yo Grandma Becomes a Adult Film Star After Husband Dies & Only Wants to Film With Young Men
Cheras Man Warns M’sians After Thieves Hacked & Reprogrammed His Car in 20 Mins
- Funny22 hours ago
12yo Jumps 1,000 Times DAILY to be Taller, Ends Up Being Shortest Kid in Class After a Year
- Funny2 days ago
“Go Tom!” – Hilarious Video Shows 10 Terrified M’sian Boys Shouting at Their Cat to Catch Rat
- Inspiring19 hours ago
Man Shares How Fatty Crab Workers Went Through Rubbish Bin to Help Find Wife’s Lost Ring
- Cute2 days ago
‘The Flash’ Actor Trying to Speak Bahasa Malaysia Got Netizens Melting
- Inspiring2 days ago
‘Luke Skywalker’ Suddenly Gains Thousands of Malaysian Fans After Tweeting Wrong Flag
- Viral2 days ago
Beware: More and More Cars Are Being Broken Into at Klang Supermarket’s Parking Lot
- Viral2 days ago
SG Brand is Selling Pineapple Tart WITHOUT Pineapple Jam for RM50 and It’s All Sold Out!
- Funny2 days ago
17-Year-Old Guy Pretends to be Pocong, Gets Arrested by the Police