Malaysians all love cheap stuff, even if they are fake things. The cheaper something is, the better! Right…? WRONG!
Sabram Omar shared the story of how a young lady bought a fake Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel from an online store.
After applying it on her face, the woman was sent to the emergency ward due to severe allergic reactions. Sabram shared that it is most likely due to the chemicals from the fake soothing gel that the girl bought online.
She is currently recuperating in the Trauma & Emergency Hospital University.
The gruesome pictures of the lady’s skin went viral and netizens are freaking out about Nature Republic’s no.1 product.
“I’m afraid of this product.”
“That’s why…if the product is not advertised on TV and radio, I dare not use them.”
Meanwhile, many others were questioning whether the tub of soothing gel they have at home were original or fake.
So how DO you differentiate between the real ones and the counterfeit ones? Lilly posted a detailed instruction on her blog about how to do so. Here are the signs that you should look out for:
1. The dotted lines on the original plastic packaging is almost twice as wide as fake ones. The original plastic will also have the word ‘Nature Republic’ printed on it.
2. There should be a shiny watermark over the sticker and you can feel bumps on them.
3. The real gel will have lots of bubbles inside. When the tub is shaken, the original would sound different from the fake one.
4. The first three numbers below the bar code should be ‘880’. Otherwise, it wasn’t made in Korea.
5. The expiry date should be printed on top of the back sticker with two Korean letters ‘까지‘ after the date.
6. When the original gel is applied on the skin, it should be absorbed within 10 minutes and it will feel smooth. The fake one will take longer to absorb and the texture is extremely slimy and sticky.
7. The real soothing gel should look clear like water and smell just like Aloe Vera. The counterfeit gel will smell strongly of alcohol.
8. The prices of original soothing gels cost about RM30+. Anything sold lower than that price are usually fake.
Saving a few cents or Ringgits is definitely not worth it to put your life at risk like that, especially things you apply to your skin. Else you end up paying a ton more for hospital bills pulak!
You definitely do NOT want to end up in the emergency ward like this poor girl.
In the end, it is always best to buy the products from the original outlets instead of those sold online or in shops that are not the official outlets.
Or alternatively grab other legit facial moisturisers from your nearest 7-Eleven. Anything but imitation goods!
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Brave 6-year-old Dies After Rushing Into Fire in Attempt to Pull His Grandfather to Safety
Beware: 2 Thieves Recklessly Try To Rob From Houses in KL, Even When There Are People Inside
Forest Fires in Indonesia Are Leaving Endangered Sumatran Orangutans Homeless Among Ashes
Malaysian Loses 75kg in Only 6 Months by Doing 20 Minutes Exercise Every Day
Did You Know Malaysians Can Actually Renew Their Passport Online? Here’s How
Cruel Woman Chops Off Her Dog’s Paw As Punishment For Annoying The Neighbours
- Malaysia2 days ago
Wife of Famous M’sian “Tit Tar” Master was Allegedly Domestically Abused and Beaten
- Inspiring2 days ago
Baptist College In Australia Changes Dress Code To Accommodate Their First Hijabi Student
- Viral21 hours ago
Tuition Teacher Rapes Underage Student 285 Times & Promises to Marry Her When She Turns 18
- Viral2 days ago
M’sians Are Sticking Pantyliners in Surgical Masks to Fight Haze & We Can’t Believe It
- Funny2 days ago
M’sian Employee Attempts To Write Minutes In Cantonese, Despite Not Speaking A Word Of It
- Malaysia1 day ago
Netflix Series Shows Spy Using ‘Old’ Coin to Pay for Newspaper and It’s… The Malaysian 10 Cent Coin
- Viral4 hours ago
4yo Boy Only Had Pain in Leg But Was Later Diagnosed With Sepsis & Deadly Flesh-Eating Disease
- Malaysia7 hours ago
Kuching Is Now The Most Polluted City in the WORLD Because of the Haze