Connect with us

Malaysia

Johor Nurse Suffers Injury Near Eye After Old Fan Blade Falls From Ceiling

Published

on

Johor Nurse Suffered Childhood Phobia IRL When An Old Fan Blade Fell and Injured Her - WORLD OF BUZZ 1
Source: Berita Harian
Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!


Tap to listen to this article instead:

Everyone has their fair share of childhood phobias growing up, and while there are some we’ve grown out of, a few remain, deeply rooted in the back of our minds. This is one of them: an old blade came off from a fan, and fell on a nurse, injuring her. Cringe!

While on duty to conduct dentistry services at a school in Skudai, Johor last Tuesday (April 16), a nurse was unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time, as a fan blade got detached, falling and cutting her in the process. The incident happened in the medical room of the school, and she was sent to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital to be given outpatient treatment, Berita Harian reported.

Luckily, her injuries were not too severe, and she has since been given medical leave to allow her time for a full recovery. According to the state’s Ministry of Health director, Dr Selahuddeen Abd Aziz, the fan was actually already in a dilapidated state, which caused the blade to come off. He also debunked the rumours that have gone viral on social media, which saw some parties speculating that the entire fan had fallen off, and collapsed on the victim.

The ministry will proceed to investigate the matter to ensure a similar incident does not repeat, and keep it from endangering the lives of other staff.

We’re glad nothing worse happened to the nurse, or anyone else for that matter! Guys, remember to regularly service your household appliances, whether it’s a washing machine, refrigerator or fans. They may be made to serve us, but if we don’t take care of them, they could be potentially life-threatening weapons lying in wait! 

 

Also read: Woman Warns of Rope Toy Dangers After Her 1yo Dog Accidentally Swallowed It & Died

Woman Warns of Rope Toy Dangers After Her 1yo Dog Accidentally Swallowed It & Died - WORLD OF BUZZ

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

Featured

TRENDING