Connect with us

Malaysia

Hairdryer That Was Left Switched On Causes Room in Old Klang Road to Be Set on Fire

Published

on

O - WORLD OF BUZZ
Left picture for illustration purpose only | Source: Carousell / China Press
Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!


Listen to this post:

Who knew a hairdryer could cause such huge damage!

On 18 February, a room was set on fire by a hairdryer because the owner allegedly forgot to turn off the switch after using it. This shocking incident took place at a condominium in Old Klang Road on Monday.

Image for illustration purposes only | Source: Carousell

According to China Press, the Kuala Lumpur Fire Department received a distress call at 10.50am and dispatched a team of firefighters to Tower B of the condominium. Based on their observation, the fire was started from the middle room of the unit and luckily, it was put out before it managed to spread to the other areas in the unit. At the moment, the authorities are still looking into the cause of the fire.

Following the incident, one of the neighbours living in the same condominium took to Facebook to remind members of the public to turn off the switch after they’re done blowing their hair. It was believed that the fire was started by the device after a short circuit had taken place and it so happened that the hairdryer was placed on the bed. As such, the mattress was turned into ash, revealing the metal spring and bed frame. Thankfully, no one was injured in the fire.

Source: China Press

So guys, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Always remember to switch off your electrical appliances after using them!

 

Also read: SPM Students Set Add Maths Textbook on Fire As They Couldn’t Answer Exam Questions

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

Featured

TRENDING