fbpx

Connect with us

Viral

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Causes Mayhem After It’s Accidentally Set on Fire

Published

on

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Accidentally Set on Fire, Causes Mayhem - WORLD OF BUZZ 5
Source: Facebook
Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!


Listen to this post:

Although fireworks and firecrackers are illegal in Malaysia, you will still see many stalls in pasar malams or other places selling them during festive seasons. You may think that these incendiary devices are safe but a recent incident that took place on February 17 at Kepong Baru proved otherwise. 

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Accidentally Set on Fire, Causes Mayhem - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: Facebook

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Accidentally Set on Fire, Causes Mayhem - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Source: Facebook

Viral videos of what seems like fireworks were being set off in the background were circulated in social media. However, something looks amiss. Apparently, the impromptu fireworks display was caused by a few stalls selling fireworks that had accidentally caught fire. Oh no!

According to Oriental Daily, the incident happened at around 11.10pm. It was reported that five fireworks stall and one stall selling dried meat had burnt down in the process. Passersby had immediately lodged reports with the firemen and police, and help was sent over soon after.

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Accidentally Set on Fire, Causes Mayhem - WORLD OF BUZZ 2

Source: Facebook

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Accidentally Set on Fire, Causes Mayhem - WORLD OF BUZZ 3

Source: Facebook

Fireworks Stall at Kepong Baru Accidentally Set on Fire, Causes Mayhem - WORLD OF BUZZ 4

Source: Facebook

Three fire engines and 24 firemen were sent over to put out the fire which was brought under control in half an hour. It was reported that the cause of fire was a customer who wanted to purchase fireworks but had accidentally ignited the fireworks. 

Videos of the aftermath showed that two cars and one motorcycle was damaged in the fire. Onlookers stood around the area, taking photos and videos as the fireworks ran amok. The stalls who were involved in the fire suffered heavy losses but fortunately, no one was injured in the incident. 

Watch the videos here:

Source: Facebook

Always be careful if playing fireworks, they are really dangerous!

 

Also read: Fireworks And Firecrackers Found to be Sold in Tesco Malaysia Causes Heated Discussion Online

 - WORLD OF BUZZ

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

TRENDING