Yesterday, fire broke out at one of the shop lots in the Mid Valley Megamall shopping complex. It was said that the incident happened about 8.15pm.
According to New Straits Times, the fire was believed to originate from a shop located on the third floor.
It is reported that the fire might’ve broke out after a fax machine in the room caught fire. As smoke filled the level above the basement, people were asked to evacuate the vicinity and about 10 other stores were closed down, including Aeon supermarket.
8:15pm- Suddenly there’s a big smoke inside the midvalley😰 pic.twitter.com/KE8lLAu4ZR
— 🦋 (@sarahfarhanah2) May 30, 2017
In another live video shot by a shopper, it shows an unconscious lady being attended by a medical team on the third floor of Mid Valley Megamall. Netizens who tuned in to the live video expressed their shock that a lot of blood was gushing out from her mouth.
The fire department had rushed to the scene within minutes and the situation was brought under control. Only one person was reported injured, but her condition is still unclear, reports China Press.
Fire department authority told media, “The department was alerted when we received a distress call from the public after the fire alarm at the shopping mall was sounded.
“Checks by the Fire and Rescue Department showed that the fire started in a room in the 3rd floor and was immediately brought under control.”
New Year, New Travels: Malaysians Share Their Favourite Destinations to Makan Angin This CNY!
Travelling is arguably one of the best ways to broaden your perspective and knowledge of other cultures and, for some,...
What Say You: Why Is Kuching Called Kuching?
6 Delicious Places in Milan Every Malaysian Foodie MUST Visit That Only the Locals Know About
We all dream of visiting Europe one day. The rich history, cathedrals, incredible architecture, what’s not to love? One of...
Someone in Melaka was Putting Medicine Pills with Cat Food to Poison Them to Death
This Lady Just Became the FIRST Malaysian Crowned World No. 1 in Accounting Exam
Water Disruption Expected In Subang Jaya After Car Accident Caused Major Pipe Burst In Area
Worried Owner Thought Kitten with Bloated Tummy Was Sick, Turns Out It Was Just Fat
83yo Grandma Becomes a Adult Film Star After Husband Dies & Only Wants to Film With Young Men
Cheras Man Warns M’sians After Thieves Hacked & Reprogrammed His Car in 20 Mins
- Funny2 days ago
“Go Tom!” – Hilarious Video Shows 10 Terrified M’sian Boys Shouting at Their Cat to Catch Rat
- Funny16 hours ago
12yo Jumps 1,000 Times DAILY to be Taller, Ends Up Being Shortest Kid in Class After a Year
- Cute1 day ago
‘The Flash’ Actor Trying to Speak Bahasa Malaysia Got Netizens Melting
- Inspiring13 hours ago
Man Shares How Fatty Crab Workers Went Through Rubbish Bin to Help Find Wife’s Lost Ring
- Inspiring2 days ago
‘Luke Skywalker’ Suddenly Gains Thousands of Malaysian Fans After Tweeting Wrong Flag
- Viral1 day ago
Beware: More and More Cars Are Being Broken Into at Klang Supermarket’s Parking Lot
- Viral2 days ago
SG Brand is Selling Pineapple Tart WITHOUT Pineapple Jam for RM50 and It’s All Sold Out!
- Funny1 day ago
17-Year-Old Guy Pretends to be Pocong, Gets Arrested by the Police