Connect with us

Malaysia

Father & Daughter Suffer Up to 50% Burns After Dryer at Klang Laundrette Exploded

Published

on

Dryer at Klang Laundrette Suddenly Explodes, Causing Father and Daughter to Suffer Burns - WORLD OF BUZZ 2
Source: China Press & Oriental Daily
Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!


OMG, this is such a terrible accident to happen! It seems that laundrettes, especially self-service ones have been in the news lately and just yesterday (October 4), another incident took place.

According to Sinar Harian, a family of four had gone to a laundrette to use the dryer for their clothes when an explosion took place and caused two of them to suffer burns on their bodies.

Dryer at Klang Laundrette - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: China Press

Two customers of a 24-hour self-service laundromat suffered burns when a sudden explosion occurred at an outlet in Jalan 3E, Bandar Putera 2 in Klang this morning (October 5). The mother, 41, and her young child were in the car while her husband and 14-year-old daughter were inside the laundromat putting the clothes in the dryer.

Suddenly, she heard a loud explosion coming from inside the laundrette and rushed in to find that the dryer had exploded, injuring her 43-year-old husband and teenage daughter. Both of them were rushed to the hospital to have their burns treated. It was reported that the father and daugther had 50% and 30% burns respectively on their bodies.

Dryer at Klang Laundrette Suddenly Explodes, Causing Father and Daughter to Suffer Burns - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: China Press

The Selangor Fire and Rescue Department also received a call around 8.55am and deputy director of operations Mohd Rizal Buang said that they deployed a team of firemen to the scene within 10 minutes, based on NST’s report. “Upon checking the premise, we found that the explosion came from a 3-square-metre gas tank storing compartment inside the outlet,” he explained.

The shop was not spared from the explosion and was 20% burnt. The explosion occurred when the husband had operated the machine like normal and pressed the “Start” button on the dryer, which triggered the blast. Preliminary investigations said that the dryer was experiencing technical problems and the burst was caused by sparks flying at the back of the machine where the gas tank was stored.

A spokesman from City Coin Laundry Sdn Bhd, Kelvin Ang, said that the company was aware of the explosion and are checking the outlets. He added that they had visited the victims in the hospital and they were reportedly in stable condition.

“As one of the pioneers in this business, we have always practised the strictest safety measures at our outlets to ensure the safety of customers 24/7 but it is very unfortunate that the incident has left two people injured,” he said, adding that the company was looking at compensating the victims.

Hopefully, the victims will be able to make a full recovery soon!

 

Also read: First A Cat, Now 3yo Boy Gets Trapped Inside Washing Machine At Rawang Laundromat

3yo Boy Gets Trapped Inside Washing Machine At Laundrette in Rawang - WORLD OF BUZZ 7

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

TRENDING