This is pretty unsettling, to say the least!
According to the Daily Mail, doctors were shocked after discovering a collection of stones, bottle caps, and coins weighing approximately 2kg inside a patient’s stomach.
The 54-year-old man, who has not been identified, is from South Korea and was actually born with an intellectual disability.
The man was reportedly complaining about having stomach pains and needed medical assistance. After visiting the doctor, the man was found to be bloated and the doctor felt hard stones while touching his stomach.
After the man went for an X-ray, it was revealed that a massive collection of solid objects were occupying his entire stomach. How did this even happen?!
After discovering this, the man then confessed to the doctors that he often ate coins and pebbles whenever he felt anxious. It was not clear how he could swallow all these objects.
Without any delay, doctors performed surgery on the man using the gastroscopy method, which involves inserting a flexible tube known as an endoscope into the stomach. However, this first attempt eventually failed because of the massive amount of objects taking up space inside his stomach.
The team of surgeons managed to extract the objects one-by-one using another difficult procedure. The extracted foreign bodies including pebbles, coins, and bottle caps.
The doctors said it was uncertain how long those objects had been sitting inside his stomach. The man was discharged after a nine-day stay at Inje University Ilsan Paik Hospital.
This extreme case was later researched and published by Dr Pyong Wha Choi in the American Journal of Medical Case Reports. While examining the rare case, Dr Choi stated that foreign objects ingested are more common in kids as they would accidentally or easily swallow such objects. However, foreign objects that are most ingested by adults include chicken or fish bones.
“In the present case, even though the patient did not complain of vomiting, the large number of pebbles and coins in his stomach caused him abdominal pain.”
“Once the foreign bodies pass through the oesophagus, symptoms associated with the foreign body is rare,” said Dr Choi.
What do you think about this story? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Rempit Kids Are Cheating Death Again by Doing “Superman” Pose, This Time on PLUS Highway
Tuition Teacher Rapes Underage Student 285 Times & Promises to Marry Her When She Turns 18
You Can Actually Un-stick Your Superglued Fingers With Salt
Malaysian Loses 75kg in Only 6 Months by Doing 20 Minutes Exercise Every Day
Heartbreaking Moment Old Uncle Sells Food Past Midnight, But No One Buys From Him
Did You Know Malaysians Can Actually Renew Their Passport Online? Here’s How
- Malaysia1 day ago
Wife of Famous M’sian “Tit Tar” Master was Allegedly Domestically Abused and Beaten
- Inspiring1 day ago
Baptist College In Australia Changes Dress Code To Accommodate Their First Hijabi Student
- Cute2 days ago
Cat Comes Home With Gift For M’sian Owners, Turns Out to Be a Live Rat
- Viral2 days ago
Shameless M’sian ‘Chups’ Parking Spot in Sentul, Start Recording When Netizen Calls Him Out
- News2 days ago
Six Cannabis Plants Allowed For One Home Under Proposed Law In Thailand
- Inspiring2 days ago
Mum Shares Heartbreaking Photos of How Her Daughter Supports Cancer-Stricken Brother
- Viral1 day ago
M’sians Are Sticking Pantyliners in Surgical Masks to Fight Haze & We Can’t Believe It
- Malaysia1 day ago
End of an Era: Mid Valley’s Speedy Outlet is Closing for Good on 15th September