Is true love really a swipe away? How easy is it actually to find a match on a dating app, especially in Malaysia? To find out, we created a fake profile across famous dating apps to test market a bit. And what better way to do so than by using Malaysians’ one true love: Nasi Lemak?
So, can nasi lemak find its perfect sambal because, let’s be real here, if nasi lemak can’t find love, what chances do we actually have? ;P
Source: Aroma Asia
How we did it:
- The dating apps used are Tinder, OkCupid and SweetRing
- We swiped right/liked 20 users per app
- The bio is intentionally written that way to attract people (plus, it’s hilarious, right?)
- We didn’t encounter any hiccups using food as our default picture (after all, it’s dangerous if people set up fake accounts for malicious purposes).
- Nasi lemak is super popular here! Within a couple of hours, our Tinder profile accumulated more than 99 likes.
- These people are super into spicy sambal lah probably. And dear old me can’t even get a match even after two days. *sad life*
It’s not all pandan and coconuts for nasi lemak though, as we received a few borderline 18SX messages and obvious spams in our inbox.
- The matches on Tinder (as you would guess) are pretty flirty, and many times, disturbing.
- This is not the best space for people who are looking for something more serious.
- Many didn’t hold deep conversations which will be hard for nasi lemak to find its one true love!
Really complicated and you’ll have to take a quiz to determine the compatibility between you and your match. It took us almost an hour!
- The isn’t super user-friendly from the get-go. After using it for a while, we still don’t know how to use the app.
- The quiz determines the compatibility you have with other profiles. E.g. You’re 88% suitable with this guy/girl.
- But some of the quiz questions are kinda useless, and you’ll get tired of it at some point.
- The pool of users there are not as responsive and we didn’t get that many likes even after two days.
- There were not a lot of locals on this app. Sometimes you may think the profiles are spam because they aren’t even from Malaysia.
- The quiz is interesting because users can see what common interests each other share. However, like the saying goes, opposites attract right? 😉
- Well, it seems OkCupid cannot tahan spicy food, because nasi lemak didn’t get much love here.
But there’s no need to cry over spilt nasi lemak weh, as the search for love will always go on!
Our final stop in the nasi lemak love train is on SweetRing, which is popular for being a dating app for those who only want something serious.
- We were actually rejected from creating a fake nasi lemak profile.
- Apparently, SweetRing does not allow a picture without a face in an attempt to block perverts and bots from misusing the app. They actually have a 24/7 monitoring review team just for this.
Well, nasi lemak always finds a way, so we uploaded a new picture instead.
- We loved their function that allowed us to set up questions for potential suitors, so you can filter out who’d fit you best based on their answers.
- We saw how convenient and effective this was by checking out our chat tab.
- Users here are memang more decent. There’s no implications from users for hook-ups or anything similar.
- Users feel more genuine in their quest for love based on the questions they’ve posted.
- You can also see people who have viewed your profile – making us feel more secure, unlike other dating apps.
- Although nasi lemak got lesser matches on SweetRing, we find the whole experience more engaging.
- People here can hold deeper or more intellectual conversations.
- People using the app are much more civilized than the other apps. In other words, we didn’t bump into f***bois/girls here.
The overall nasi lemak verdict… *cue drumroll*
Now, here’s our pro-tip:
- Tinder is the easiest to use out of the 3, but the amount of spam and creepy messages affects the experience!
- OkCupid has a unique concept and idea, but the execution could be better. Really complicated and leceh!
- SweetRing is not a place to play-play! Really strict but also really good if you’re looking for a more serious relationship.
So, which one is the best? It depends on what users are looking for, really!
Based on our nasi lemak experience though, we do find SweetRing being the most pleasant app to use, especially if you’re looking for a more serious relationship or want to get away from all the non-serious people who are going to waste your time.
Overall, we found it super easy to get a match via dating apps in Malaysia. Even nasi lemak can get a match, of course you can also.
If you still can’t find love, worry not! Nasi lemak will always be there for you 😛
Then vs Now: How Raya Celebrations Have Changed Over the Years in Malaysia
“The only constant in life is change.” We’ve all heard this saying before. As ironic as it sounds, it’s true....
Visiting Bali Soon? Here Are 6 Must-Visit Food Spots Only the Locals Know About
So, you booked yourself an accommodation with a gorgeous view, made a list of the souvenirs you’d like to get,...
4 Little Everyday Things We Do That We Don’t Realise Impact Our Health Severely
Now, we all know some of the obvious things we shouldn’t do that will damage our body, such as smoking...
You Can Now Report Drivers Who Purposely Use The Emergency Lane Via JPJ’s WhatsApp Hotline
Politician With 9 Family Members Cries on TV After Initially Receiving 5 Votes During Counting
Puchong Man Offers to Pay Girl’s Uni Fees for Sex, Breaks Promise & Blackmails Her With Nudes
Woman Loses 10 Years of Memories After She Pooped with Excessive Force
Grab Rider Shocked When the Passenger He Picks up Looks EXACTLY like Him
Singaporean Man Passes Away After Driving 336km From Johor to KL Overnight
- Inspiring2 days ago
Man Dumped By Wife For Being “Bald and Dumpy”, Becomes Real-Life One Punch Man
- Viral15 hours ago
Warning: Leaving a Water Bottle Inside Your Car During a Hot Day Can Cause a Fire!
- News1 day ago
Global Warming has Reached an All-Time High In North Pole
- Viral2 days ago
Ipoh City Council Defends Dog Murder Because It Was Done ‘According to the Law’
- News3 hours ago
Woman Stabs Man Because She “Loved Him So Much”, Photo Of Her Sitting & Smoking Next to Victim Surfaces
- Malaysia1 day ago
A Dog Found an Abandoned Newborn Baby in an Ampang Rubbish Bin and Saved Its Life
- Viral22 hours ago
The Hole in Your Plastic Stool Is Not for You to Fart Through! They Have 3 Important Purposes
- Malaysia1 day ago
70yo Man Trapped In A Well For 37 Hours, Drank Dirty Water and Ate A Live Frog To Survive