Whether or not you’re an avid shopper, going shopping for clothes, household items, groceries, and all that jazz is inevitable. In fact, one could say that shopping is a daily (or monthly) part of our lives! That’s why it’s so important to be strategic when it comes to shopping. You want to get your money’s worth, right? Well, if you relate to this on a spiritual level, here are some Malaysian shopaholics’ top secret tips on how to save more while shopping:
1. “I pay for movie tickets with my e-wallet to get a 50% discount”
“Let’s be honest, movie tickets are NOT cheap. That’s why I almost never buy movie tickets unless I can get them at a discounted price. One way I’ve been doing this is by purchasing my movie tickets via WeTix in the Boost app and getting a discount of up to 50% on selected movies thanks to their Blockboosted Weekend Special promo! It’s capped at RM10 which is just nice since most movie tickets are priced between RM18 and RM20.” -Stacey Tan, 22, Fresh Graduate
2. “For my Raya shopping, I’ve been visiting stores like Christy Ng, Mimpi Kita and more to get over RM75 worth of cashback”“First off, shopping during festive seasons is the best because of all the discounts. Well, this Raya is no different. But aside from the festive discounts, with Boost I also managed to get cashback from a few of my favourite stores such as Mimpi Kita (RM25 cashback for every RM220 spent), Christy Ng (RM50 cashback for every RM200 spent), and more!” -Syaidah, 28, Accountant
3. “I don’t go to the pasar pagi anymore. I do a week’s worth of grocery shopping at Giant for cashback”
“I’m a housewife and mum of two teenagers. That means grocery shopping for food and other household items is quite a common activity for me. In fact, I used to visit the pasar pagi every other day to do my grocery shopping because it’s cheaper. But I’ve since switched to shopping for all my groceries at Giant because I can easily get RM8 cashback when I spend RM50. Now I don’t have to wake up early to go to the pasar!” -Mrs. Lim, 45, Housewife
If you’re looking for more atas groceries like fresh coffee beans or Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, you can drop by Cold Storage or Mercato. Boost is offering RM5 cashback for every RM50 spent at these places.
4. “When shopping or eating with friends, I would offer to pay for everyone first so I can collect all the cashback”
“If you use e-wallets like Boost, you’re actually able to get a ton of cashback from popular brands and restaurants like Nando’s, Burger King, Delicious, and more.
That’s why whenever I shop with friends and we go makan, I would suggest places covered by Boost, and at the end of it, I would pay first. For example, OldTown offers RM8 cashback for every RM40 spent; so when we’re done eating, I’d normally pay first with my Boost e-wallet and get the RM8 cashback. This way, I only need to fork out a bit for my own meal (while my friends pay me back for their respective meals) and still get my cashback.
Also, with the Boost e-wallet, I can easily split the bill and request money from my friends through the app. Don’t have to face the hassle of returning change or holding too much money in my wallet.” -Sarah Lee, 27, Journalist
5. “I visit malls situated in less crowded locations”
“This is a legit hack, guys. If you’re looking for discounts from your favourite brands, there’s a higher chance you’ll find them at malls situated in quieter areas, away from the city center.
Once, I was window shopping at Mid Valley and there were no discounts at any of my go-to stores. The next day, however, I visited Melawati Mall and so many of their stores were offering discounts! There was also a cashback promo by Boost where I got RM5 cashback after I spent RM50 with the e-wallet. Not only that, the promoter mentioned that I could spend two more times and get a total of RM15 cashback too.“-Tan, 28, Engineer
Speaking of Boost, ICYMI, Malaysians everywhere are currently making use of this e-wallet, especially during this festive season, to get hundreds and hundreds of ringgit worth of cashback thanks to the Raya, Shake, Raya Lagi promo!
So if you want to be a smart shopper, do consider checking out Boost for all their Raya, Shake, Raya Lagi cashback promos and discounts! It’s super worth it guys, no joke!
Here’s where else you can get more cashback:
- Chizu – Buy 1 yogurt drink, get 1 chinese tea series for RM1
- OldTown – Spend RM40, get RM8 cashback
- Nando’s – Spend RM25, get RM5 cashback
Hypermarkets & Malls
- Tesco – Spend RM100, get RM10 cashback
- B.I.G – Spend RM100, get 1,500 BITES points
- Cold Storage – Spend RM50, get RM5 cashback
- Giant Express – Spend RM30, get RM3 cashback
- Alpro Pharmacy – Spend RM150, get RM5 cashback
- KK Mart – Get discounts on selected items
- Melawati Mall – Spend RM50, get up to RM15 cashback
- Watsons – Spend RM100, get 2,000 Watsons points
- Mydin – Spend RM60, get 2x 1 Litre drinks (Seasons Soya Milk & Seasons Chrysanthemum Tea)
- MyTOWN Shopping Centre– Spend RM50, get RM8 cashback
- Mimpikita – Spend RM220, get RM25 cashback
- Christy Ng – Spend RM200, get RM50 cashback
And so much more!
The best part is, after all the Boosting you’ve done throughout Raya, you’ll be able to collect tokens for every RM10 spent and stand to win awesome prizes thanks to the Super Shake contest! Malaysians can stand to win RM3,000 worth of gold from Hello Gold, Uniqlo gift cards, 50,000 Watsons points, a 49″ 4K UHD Curved TV, and so much more!
This is such a win-win situation especially since there are NO additional requirements! You automatically earn 1 token for every RM10 you spend which you can use to bid for prizes weekly and win big or stand a chance to be one of the 15,000 winners. So worth it!
All you need to do is:
- Spend with Boost to collect Tokens (RM10 = 1 Token)
- Tap on the Super Shake tab on the Boost homepage
- Select what you want to win and place the required amount tokens needed
The more Tokens you earn, the more prizes you can bid for!
Interested to start earning some cashback and win amazing prizes? Make sure you check out where to get all the discounts here!
Think Short People Can’t be Models? 4 M’sian Modelling Scene Stereotypes That Can’t be More Wrong!
Misconceptions happen in every profession but one industry that attracts the most stereotypes has got to be the world of...
“Sydney Got Things to Do Meh?” If this is You, Here’s A 6D5N Trip That’ll Confirm Change Your Mind
Even if you’ve never been to Sydney, you’ve probably seen photos of this gorgeous city on Instagram. Then again, how...
Here’s What Jai Wolf & Nothing But Thieves Are Bringing to This Year’s Good Vibes Festival!
Good Vibes Festival (GVF) 2019 is less than a week away and we’re stoked for a fun weekend filled with...
Pregnant Woman Crushed to Death at Construction Site, Husband Killed Saving her
Marvel Will Have Its First Asian Leads In 2021 Movie ‘Shang-Chi: and the Legend of the Ten Rings’
British Mum Gives Birth After Years of Trying But Kills Her Baby at 7 Months Old
9yo Found to Have Hairball Measuring 18cm in Stomach After Mum Notices Her Balding
6yo Fell While Playing With Cousin But He Beat Her to Death as He Was Afraid She Would Tell His Parents
M’sian Fined RM1,000 As He Did Not Apply for Permit Before Installing Iron Grills & Wardrobes in Condo
- Malaysia11 hours ago
Man Jumps Off Penang Ferry Because Tak Boleh Tahan Wife’s Perangai Anymore
- Viral13 hours ago
Johor Kids Dangerously Hang On to Car Roof While Parents Speed and Run Red Lights
- Viral1 day ago
14yo Perlis Girl Forced to Sleep Outside Her House and Is Abused with Hot Water and Pliers
- Viral1 day ago
Snatch Thief Brutally Kicked and Hit with Chairs by the Public In Sarawak Before Police Arrive
- Malaysia1 day ago
PDRM: Delete These 7 Apps That Might Be Secretly Spying On You Right Now
- Viral1 day ago
Sabah Japanese Restaurant Now Serves BOBA RAMEN and West M’sians are Jealous AF
- Viral1 day ago
22yo Radiographer Molested TWICE by a Foreign Worker at a Melaka Clinic
- News2 days ago
KFC Now Sells Mooncake with Spicy Chicken & Nuts Filling In Hong Kong!