Connect with us

Malaysia

Baby Boy Dies After Eating Apple Puree Given By Nanny at Kedah Daycare Centre

Published

on

Source: Malay Mail & Kosmo! Online
Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!


Tap to listen to this article instead:

This is so sad! A nine-month-old baby boy recently died at a daycare centre in Kupang, Kedah after he ate some mashed apple puree given to him by one of the nannies there.

According to Sinar Harian, the incident happened at 9.15am yesterday (April 8) when Muhammad Fawwaz Mohd. Fadlan, the victim, was fed with some apple puree at one of the corridors at the centre. He suddenly started crying because he wanted to follow the caretaker’s supervisor in the centre while another was feeding him with the apples.

He was crying really loudly while the food was still in his mouth when he suddenly fell unconscious, which shocked the caretakers at the centre. They quickly took him to the clinic in Kupang where he was still breathing and they referred him to Hospital Baling. Sadly, when the baby arrived at the hospital, he was pronounced dead on the scene and preliminary checks showed that there were no wounds or bruises on his body. 

Meanwhile, Fawwaz’s parents said that they were devastated by the loss of their youngest son but accepted his death, Utusan reported. Munirah Abd. Rahman, 38, said that she was teaching at school when the incident happened and did not hear her phone ring.

She said that she had been sending all six of her children to the same centre with no issues and was notified of her child’s death when one of her colleagues told her. Apparently, the daycare centre had called her colleague when they couldn’t reach Munirah.

Source: Malay Mail

Munirah said, “I was told that my son was fed with apples that had been cut and mashed, and this same food was fed to one of the nannies’ children who is the same age as my son. My son’s teeth had not come out yet so maybe when he was trying to chew the apples he swallowed it directly. The caretaker thought that my son had choked on the apples but when she tried to dig it out from his throat, there was nothing inside.”

The police said that the baby’s body has been sent to Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah in Alor Setar for an autopsy and the case has been classified as sudden death.

Be careful about the food that little ones can take and only feed them what is suitable! 

 

Also read: Nanny Suffocates 1yo Baby to Death by Accident, Says She Was Trying to Put Him to Sleep

Nanny Suffocates 1yo Baby to Death by Accident, Claims She Was Only Trying to Coax Him to Sleep - WORLD OF BUZZ 4

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

Featured

TRENDING