Listen to this post:
Using your mobile phone while charging is probably something really normal that most of us are used to doing but it might not be an advisable move. Tragedy struck on Friday (March 15) when a 7-year-old boy identified as Alfani Yeskiel Tuke died while he was using his grandmother’s mobile phone.
According to Tribun, Alfani was believed to have died due to an electric shock from his grandmother’s mobile phone. Apparently, he was playing with it while she was charging her phone in the living room in their home at Hane, East Nusa Tenggara in Indonesia.
His grandmother, Ruth said that she saw him playing with the phone at around 5pm before she went out to bring the cow that was grazing nearby their house. When she came back at around 6pm, she found her grandson looking like he had fallen asleep as he was lying on the living room’s floor without his shirt.
She walked over and wanted to shake his shoulder to wake him up but when she touched him, she got an electric shock. She panicked and started screaming for help which alerted one of her neighbours, Wendi Sabuna who rushed to her aid along with a few others.
Wendi immediately turned off the power supply in the house and removed the mobile phone that was still in the grip of Alfani. The incident was reported to the police who confirmed that little Alfani died due to an electric shock he received while he was playing with his grandmother’s phone. His parents, who are working in Jakarta were informed of the little boy’s death as well.
This is not the first time that something like this has happened so please do be careful when you’re charging your phone!
MCO: A Glimpse Into the Lives of M’sian Front-liners That Will Definitely Make Us Feel Grateful to Stay at Home
As we struggle with adjusting to life at home during the MCO period, the front-line workers are risking their lives...
M’sians Can Now Pre-Order The NEW HUAWEI P40 & More ONLINE + Get Up To RM1.3K Worth Of FREE Gifts!
Smartphone photography has definitely come a very long way in the past 10 years, if you think about it. But...
MCO Survival Guide: 4 Tips For Helpless Ketua Rumahs To Avoid Contact & Save More While Shopping!
As we’re spending our days during the Movement Control Order, most Malaysians are doing a good job by abiding by...
WhatsApp Is Limiting Messages That Are ‘Too Frequently Forwarded’ To Slow The Spreading Of Fake News
Adorable Dolphins Impersonate Sloth Who Was ‘Visiting’ While Aquarium Closed During Lock Down
MOH: 170 New Cases Of Covid-19 In Malaysia & 80 New Cases Discharged
19 People Caught Having A Private Party In Kajang Despite MCO
Malaysian Boy Shares Heartbreaking Story Of Not Being Able To Eat For 3 Days During MCO
Malaysians Can Observe The Super Pink Moon On Wednesday, 8 April
- Malaysia1 day ago
ALL Regions Of Kuala Lumpur Are Now Covid-19 Red Zones Except For Cheras
- Viral1 day ago
Hilton KL, Sunway Pyramid Hotel & These 29 Hotels in KL Are Now Covid-19 Quarantine Centres
- Cute1 day ago
Newborn Babies At This Hospital Given Adorable Mini Face-Shields To Protect Them From Covid-19
- News1 day ago
Malayan Tiger Tests Positive For Covid-19, Believed To Be Infected by Zoo Keeper With No Symptoms
- Heartbreaking1 day ago
Couple & Their Toddler Eat Only Rice With Sugar After Running Out of Money During MCO Period
- Malaysia1 day ago
Employees of SMEs Can Receive Up To RM1,200 Under New Wage Subsidy Program, Says PM
- Heartbreaking2 days ago
Low Income People Are Struggling Because of MCO
- Malaysia2 days ago
150 Pasar Borong Workers in Batu Caves Undergo Covid-19 Screening After 2 Workers Tested Positive