Buying our first, second or third home is exciting; but of course, moving into a new area, meeting new neighbours and making new memories in this new place can be a terrifying thing as well. You want to make sure you’re spending your money’s worth on a good home where you and your family can live comfortably, right? Well, if you’re planning on looking for a new place anytime soon, here are a few questions you should ask before making that downpayment!
1. What kind of materials were used to construct the roof of the house?Yes, that’s a weird question to ask but depending on the type of material used for the roof, you’ll either end up with a sauna for a house or a nice comfy, cooling home. Some roof materials you might want to steer clear of include metal roofing like copper, tin and steel. These materials will absorb heat like no tomorrow. As if Malaysia isn’t warm enough as it is!
2. How long do I plan to stay in this house?
For many of us, the moment we buy a house, it usually means we plan to stay there long-term; and if that’s the case for you, you might want to consider if there are enough rooms and bathrooms available and if it’s strategically located. And to do that, make sure you remember to take these things into consideration:
- Possible future additions to your family (kids, pets, etc.)
- Possible change in jobs/office location next time
- Number of parking spaces needed in your house
- If your elderly parents were to live with you, are there clinics or hospitals nearby in case of emergencies?
3. Is the design of the house / nearby facilities special-needs friendly?You and your family may not be physically impaired in any way, but it’s always good to have a house and nearby facilities that are special-needs friendly. In case anyone at home becomes wheelchair-bound for a couple of days, having a home that’s special-needs friendly can make all the difference! What’s more, if you live in a multistorey house, it’s a plus point if there is a guest bedroom downstairs in case you have elderly parents or grandparents who are less mobile visiting.
Simple things like ramps in the porch, light switches placed at lower heights or doors that slide left to right instead of the usual push/pull types are all something to take note of too.
4. What direction is your house facing?
By direction, we’re referring to North, South, East or West, because depending on where you’re facing, you could either end up with a gorgeous view or be stuck with the scorching sun glaring right into your home. In fact, those living in houses facing East or West will usually have to endure the painful glare of the morning and afternoon sun.
So, be on the lookout for houses facing North or South instead!
5. Is there going to be proper security provided for your housing area?
This is extremely important because having a proper guardhouse as well as auxiliary police and alarm systems ready can help prevent theft and robbery a great deal. Additionally, houses that come with built-in grilles for all windows and sliding doors are another plus point! These won’t only give you peace of mind – especially if you live alone or have kids with you – but it saves you quite a huge sum of money too!
6. Does flooding occur often in the area and will it affect your house?
While many of us are pretty sharp when it comes to making sure the structure of the house and everything inside it is in tiptop condition, we often forget to check on the surroundings. One thing many people overlook is the issue of flooding. What’s more, our PMS weather and not-so-great drainage system is not such a great combo either.
So, before you choose the house of your dreams, remember to find out whether or not your area has a history of flooding issues!
7. Are there going to be green spaces available in the area?Always remember to check for or ask your developer if there are going to be any green spaces allocated in the area. While things like parks and greenery may not seem that important to you now, they play a big role in providing fresh air and giving you and your family a place to play or exercise in the evenings. Studies have also shown that living nearby green spaces can improve your health tremendously. It’ll be a plus point if your house is located next to a forest reserve. There’ll be plenty of fresh air, and your surrounding temperatures should also be lower.
Well, now that you know some of the crucial things to look out for before buying your next house, here’s a place that you might want to consider that checks all the right boxes!
Some of the perks you can definitely enjoy if you live in Elmina Green include:
We’re referring to Elmina Green 1 located in the award-winning City of Elmina township!
- Aluminium sisalation foils under the roof tiles to reflect heat and mineral wool insulation above the ceiling of your home for comfortable indoor temperatures
- An interior layout that’s inclusive and special-needs friendly (meant for a multigenerational living)
- Column-free car porches for those who own two cars or more
- A 2,700-acre forest reserve nearby
- A 300-acre Elmina Central Park, which doubles as a flood mitigation pond to store excess water and prevent flooding
- A 90km jogging and cycling track
- A 21-acre lake park with a picturesque Tecoma Walk that when in bloom, will feel and look like Sakura season in Japan (bonus: residents will not need to pay a single cent for the maintenance of this place)
- A Community Garden where those with green fingers can plant their own greens
- Multiple tiers of security, including built-in grilles, alarm systems, auxiliary police and more
That’s not all! There’s still plenty that’s up and coming in and around the City of Elmina, including the construction of DASH highway, major hypermarkets, and so forth. Wah, I want to live here also leh! Well, in case you’d like to check this place out, the final phase of Elmina Green 1 will officially open to the public on 27 October 2018!
Location: Elmina Pavilion, Persiaran Eserina, Elmina East Sek U16, 40160, Shah Alam, Selangor.
Make sure you drop by and check this place out before it sells out (and it will sell out fast, just FYI). Don’t say we bojio!
Find out more about Elmina Green 1 here!
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Indonesia Says Spongebob is Bad Influence and Labelled the Movie As ‘Violent’
Yuna is Now Officially Signed to One of the Top Modelling Agencies in the WORLD!
Watch: Two Guests Start Fighting At A Wedding Reception… Over RENDANG!
37yo Fitness Instructor Suddenly Gets Stroke, Doctor Says It’s His Genes & Lack of Sleep
4yo Boy Who Had Fever, Rash and Leg Pain Turns Into ‘Sepsis’ That Almost Takes His Life
Lady Shares Cute Story of How She Saved Dying Pet Goldfish After Its Tail Rotted Away
- News2 days ago
Baby Dies After Haze Causes Her to Have Shortness of Breath & Respiratory Infection
- News14 hours ago
NASA Released Shocking Images of Indonesia’s Haze Which Can Be Seen Even From Outer Space
- Malaysia2 days ago
Beware: Armed Men in Proton Saga Rob Women in Broad Daylight Right Outside Their Damansara Home
- Viral17 hours ago
The Haze in Indonesia is So Hazardous That Birds Are Falling Dead on the Streets
- Inspiring1 day ago
71yo Auntie Sells Bread to Survive But People Are Stealing From Her Because She’s BLIND
- Tech2 days ago
Guy Finds PS4 Infested With COCKROACHES While Cleaning It, But It’s Apparently Common
- News2 days ago
Study: Superbugs Found in Raw Seafood Could Cause Sushi Lovers to Be Antibiotic-Resistant
- Inspiring2 days ago
“Bro Have You Eaten? This Food I Belanja”, Kind M’sian Buys Food Just to Treat Rider Makan