For many Malaysians, our schooling days were filled with bittersweet memories. Sure, there were times when we were all stressed out about exams or struggled to fit in, but as a whole, those were some of the most memorable (and simpler) moments of our life.
And if you were to really think about it, our schooling days were actually filled with plenty of exciting events which only by looking back can we truly appreciate them for what they were. Well, if you’re feeling nostalgic, read on to find out how you can relive some of them this September at the ASICS Relay running event in Sepang! More deets on this below.
Without further ado, here are 5 events we Malaysians remember best:
1. School fundraising events such as Jog-A-ThonNot only did going around our taman collecting donations make us feel super important, but some of us would compete with our friends to raise the most funds. Of course, there was also always that one guy
2. Those lawatan sambil belajar trips we looked forward to just so we didn’t have to studyAs many of us would agree, we would have done anything to escape being stuck in the classroom — joining a field trip allowed us to do just that. Even if it meant going to another museum or historical landmark, the chance of just being able to lepak with our friends outside school compounds was enticing enough to make us sign up.
3. Those thrilling and super nostalgic Hari Sukan daysNot all of us are born athletes, but that did not stop us from having fun whenever our high school’s Hari Sukan came around. I mean, even if we weren’t superrr active in all the competitions, there were plenty of other exciting things to look forward to such as the mouthwatering snacks, being able to catch up with our friends, and cheering on our rumah sukan (sport’s house), for instance.
Well, if you would like to catch up with a buddy or two of yours and you’re looking to burn some calories, here’s an exciting running event you wouldn’t want to miss:
On 7th September 2019, Malaysians can be part of the ASICS Relay running event (the biggest night relay race in Southeast Asia) at Sepang International Circuit.
Yes! That means you’ll be running on the track itself!
There will be two categories available for teams of four to take part in, namely the 21km and 42km half and full-marathon respectively.
And that’s not all! Here are other things you can expect:
- Get your heart pumping with group-led warm-up activities and interactive fitness corners at The Fitness District.
- Recover, rehydrate, and refresh yourself with sports massages, stretches, and nourishment at The Recharge Station.
- Femes influencers for you to mingle with. 😉
More information on this exciting running event can be found here.
4. Those super chilled out Hari Kantin eventsAhhh! How can we ever forget Hari Kantin? Not only did this give us an opportunity to bersembang nonstop with our friends, but we could also pamper ourselves buying snacks and drinks from all those super cool food trucks we know and love too, just like the ones you can check out at The Marketplace during the ASICS Relay running event too.
Also, if you were in an all-girl/boy school, Hari Kantin was the perfect time to check out hotties. 😉
5. Going to our first senior promRemember all those coming-of-age Hollywood movies we grew up watching? Yeah, that’s what it felt like for most Malaysians. Slow dancing with our date, making plans with our best mates to always keep in touch post-graduation, and for some of us, being nominated as prom king and queen. The memories!
Unarguably what made the night extra special were the performances and live DJ sets during the night. Well, if a party is what you’re after, then we hear the one that’ll take place during the ASICS Relay running event won’t disappoint!
Here’s what to expect:
- A post-run after party where you can let loose and showcase your dance moves as you groove to live DJ sets alongside your friends.
- A multitude of games for your family, kids, or squad to take part in at The Playground.
- And many others!
Truth be told, these events were only the tip of the iceberg which made our high school days super memorable.
What are some of YOUR most memorable high school events though? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear from all of you.
And if you’re interested to relive all those memories, then find out how you can do just that at the ASICS Relay running event here.
Stay healthy guys!
Grab the Chance to Win a FREE Family Trip to Iceland By Just Doing This!
Do you know what’s better than a family holiday to Europe? A FREE European family vacation of course! We’re not...
Think There’s Nothing to Do in Laos? Think Again! Here Are 6 Places That Will INSTANTLY Change Your Mind
Out of all our Southeast Asian neighbours, Laos has got to be one of the most underrated countries in terms...
From 21st Nov – 1st Dec, You Can Get Ice-Cream For RM3 At These Inside Scoop Locations
Hear ye, hear ye, Inside Scoop is back with another promotion! To celebrate their sixth birthday, you can get a...
Netizen Doubts Man is Sabahan, Hilariously Says He Looks Malaysian Instead
Netizens Rage When 7 Boys Who Allegedly Raped a 14yo Girl at School Are Allowed Bail to Take SPM
Update: The Green Dog was Not Abused, He Only Rolled Over Green Powder at A Dumpsite
Kedah Volunteer Told To Stop Assisting Malay Accident Victim Because He’s Not Malay
19yo Teenager Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Night Club, Baby Gets Free Entry For Life
M’sian Woman Left At A Mamak Stall First Date Because She Was ‘Fatter Than in Pictures’
- Heartbreaking1 day ago
25yo M’sian Man Dies of Heart Attack After Futsal, His Wife Couldn’t Make it in Time to See Him
- Uncategorized1 day ago
M’sian Man Couldn’t Join His Bros Trip To Australia, So They Brought His Face With Them!
- Viral1 day ago
Poacher In Kelantan Nabbed For Allegedly Shooting & Slaughtering An Elephant To Get Its Tusks
- Inspiring1 day ago
Watch: Friends Serenade Broken-Hearted Bro To Cheer Him Up After A Break Up
- Viral1 day ago
Video: Cyberjaya Parents Managed To Stop An Adopted Child From Being Kidnapped By His Alleged Real Mother
- Viral1 day ago
Australians Sing Getaran Jiwa Flawlessly, Could Be The Most Beautiful Rendition Thus Far!
- Viral1 day ago
Foreign Driver With No Licence Arrested When He Tried To Bribe Honest Policemen
- Funny1 day ago
Are You Obsessed with Your Pets? You Can Now Make Slippers That Look Exactly Like Them!