Remember when you were a kid and would run around while eating during mealtimes? After reading this, you would probably want to make sure all kids are sitting down quietly to finish their meal before going to play.
On Thursday (11 April), three-year-old Lele (not her real name) from Jiangxi was playing at her home while eating her dinner. Based on a report by MSN, she was playing with some chopsticks and running around when she slipped and fell.
This would be brushed off if not for the fact that when Lele fell, the 25cm-long chopstick that she was holding pierced through her mouth and 10cm of it got lodged inside her skull. WTF! This shocked her parents and they quickly brought her to the local hospital but unfortunately, the chopstick was inserted too deep inside her skull and they had to refer Lele to another hospital on Friday morning.
At this time, the chopstick had been lodged inside Lele’s skull for over eight hours. Although Lele was not experiencing any profuse bleeding, doctors said that the chopstick was inserted obliquely from the upper right to the lower left through the tonsils on the left side of her mouth.
Luckily, the chopstick did not injure any important organs such as the brain stem, cervical vertebrae and carotid artery, and was only lodged in the soft tissues. The surgeon managed to extricate the chopstick from Lele’s oral cavity after an operation. Lele is currently in stable condition while doctors are monitoring her recovery.
Hence, doctors are now advising parents that they should not allow their children to run around and play while eating as it can be very dangerous. Imagine if the chopstick had pierced something else or in a different position!
You heard the doctor, perhaps it’s better to ask them to sit still and finish their meal before going off to play!
Travelling Soon? Here Are 6 Money Saving Tips You NEED to Know to Maximise Your Money’s Worth!
Travelling the world is arguably on most Malaysians’ bucket list. Sadly, not many of us are all that money savvy...
11 Struggles Malaysians Faced When SMS Was the Only Way We Could Talk to Our Friends
From dial-up internet to downloading our music from file-sharing software such as LimeWire, things back then were very much different...
Win FREE Gifts and Stout Just by Participating in Connor’s Challenge This September!
Love a challenge? Who doesn’t?! Well, Connor’s Challenge truck is travelling nationwide to see if you have what it takes (skill,...
Tomb Raiders Broke Coffins and Stole Valuables from Graves in Miri
Watch: Klang Residents Who Didn’t Pay Fees Attack Guards Because They’re Asked To Use ‘Visitor Lane’
“My Wife Can’t Tend To My Needs but a Widow Can,” Says Malaysian Man With 7 Kids
Malaysian Steps on Dog Poop, Gets A Shiny Mewtwo Immediately After!
If You’re Travelling with Your BF or GF to Bali, You Could Be Jailed for Staying Together
USM Pharmacy Prof. Says M’sian Ringgit Notes Might Contain Pork Fat & Is Haram
- Viral1 day ago
“This is not Mars, It’s Earth”, Haze is So Bad That It Turned the Sky RED in Indonesia!
- Viral1 day ago
Don’t Take Food from Strangers at the Airport. Someone Hid Drugs Inside Beef Rendang!
- News2 days ago
Goodbye: S’pore’s Largest Merlion Statue will be Demolished after 20 October 2019
- Malaysia2 days ago
Monsoon Warning: Haze Will Improve But We Will Get Thunderstorms & Flash Floods
- Culture2 days ago
$11 Million Hollywood Movie On Sarawak Will Star Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Sir James Brooke!
- Food17 hours ago
Always Wondered Why Pineapples Hurt Your Tongue When You Eat Them? Here’s The Reason!
- Culture2 days ago
What Is The Job Scope Of A Thai Entertainer? Apparently, There Are 5 Different Types
- Viral10 hours ago
Beware: Elderly Couple Seen in Klang Valley Scamming People By Saying Their Motorbike Broke Down