Listen to this post:
Vape pens might not be as safe as you think!
A 24-year-old golfer from Sheffield was severely burned on his chest when his vape exploded in his pocket and set his car on fire!
According to Metro UK, Will Hawksworth was in the car with his girlfriend while they were on the way home from the supermarket. His vape, which was in his shirt pocket, suddenly started shooting out sparks. As he was pulling over, the vape’s battery suddenly exploded and set his clothes on fire.
The vape burnt through his clothes and fell down the side of the car seat. He then got out of the car, took his clothes off and covered himself in snow.
“I got out the car and my clothes were hanging off me. They were all burnt – I had bits of clothes I was trying to peel off,” he said, according to The Sun.
And as if suffering such severe burns wasn’t bad enough, his car caught on fire too! As the vape had fallen between the seats of the Audi A5 he was driving, it caused the whole vehicle to go up in flames.
Will was then rushed to Northern General Hospital, where he was treated for second and third degree burns.
“It felt like I was being burnt alive. It was the most painful thing you could ever imagine. My clothes burnt onto my chest and my skin was completely burnt,” he said.
After being treated for six hours, Will was allowed to go home but still attended regular appointments at a burns clinic. He was given the option of a skin graft, but he declined the offer as he didn’t want to create any more wounds to his body.
However, he said that his appearance does bother him, especially when he is on a holiday.
“My skin gets very aggravated when it’s hot. I can’t really expose it to the sun. It is horrible to live with now. It could have ended so much worse. I feel lucky to be alive,” he said.
“I’ll never go near a vape pen ever again. They are lethal.”
Ouch! Use e-cigarettes at your own risk, guys.
Malaysia’s BIGGEST Sneaker Event is Coming to Taylor’s! Here’s Everything You Need to Know
To all you sneakerheads and hypebeasts out there, your most anticipated event is here again! Now you’ve got one more...
From RM12 Only, M’sians Can’t Get Enough Of This dahmakan Promo Offering 7 Cuisines & FREE Drinks For 7 Days!
Not sure what to eat this week? Don’t worry, dahmakan has got you covered! For 7 days only, dahmakan—Malaysia’s most...
I Mailed Myself to My Mom in Damansara Utama
Tun M Says That He Has Enough Support To Become 8th M’sian PM
Scientist: More Polar Bears are Eating Their Females and Cubs Due to Lack of Food Source
Whom Knows Them Better?: Ex-Boyfriend VS Current Boyfriend
Drunk Grandson Mercilessly Abuses Grandmum, Forcing Her To Run From Home & Sleep On Streets
This Basketball Match Between Malaysia And Thailand Is Going To Be EPIC! Here’s Why You NEED To Be There
Dr Mahathir Officially Gives the Reasons Why He Resigned as Prime Minister
- Malaysia2 days ago
BREAKING: Tun M Makes Big U-Turn, Back Again As Bersatu Chairman After Resigning 2 Days Ago
- Malaysia2 days ago
Tourist Tragically Slips & Falls To His Death While Hiking Up Bukit Tabur With His GF
- Inspiring2 days ago
M’sian Lecturer’s Conversation With International Student Shows Why M’sia Is Truly A Peaceful Country
- Viral1 day ago
17yo Girl Mercilessly Kicks Mother’s Head Because She Was Late In Preparing Her Clothes
- Viral1 day ago
OMG! Najib & Rosmah Will Be Starring in a Netflix Series Featuring the 1MDB Scandal & We’re Shook
- News1 day ago
South Korea Records 427 New Covid-19 Cases in 1 Day, Total Number of Cases at 2,022
- News2 days ago
Woman Infected with Coronavirus Released From Prison By Authorities & Travels to Beijing
- Malaysia1 day ago
M’sia Records One New Covid-19 Case And 2 More Discharged, Only 1 Patient Left in The Country