Chance Ammirata is an 18-year-old student who had been vaping with his Juul for 18 months when his lungs suddenly collapsed. The teen, who is from Florida, US, had the habit of vaping one mint Juul pod every few days until last week, when he was admitted into the hospital around the end of July. Juuls are a type of electronic cigarette in a vape pen form.
According to News.com.au, he suspected that there was something wrong as he was struggling to sleep last Monday (29th July) as he felt a pain in his left side. However, he thought that he had pulled a muscle and didn’t do anything about it.
The next day, he went to the bowling alley with his friend but was in so much pain, he could barely sit on a chair. “I remember she made me laugh and it felt like my chest was collapsing, like I was having a heart attack,” he said. They went to the hospital and waited for five hours before surgeons suddenly surrounded him.
He was rushed to the operating theatre for emergency surgery as the doctors discovered that his left lung had collapsed, and they needed to insert a tube inside the organ to keep it inflated. During the surgery, they also repaired the hole in his lungs but the surgeon told Ammirata, “Whatever you’ve been smoking has been leaving these black dots on your lungs.”
Although the hole was repaired, Ammirata was told that the “black dots” may take years to heal and might never disappear at all. Before his surgery, he had not suffered from any other symptoms such as coughing or wheezing and has never smoked cigarettes before.
He shared the images of his lungs on social media and claims that it was caused by vaping Juul. He wrote, “You thought Juuls were safe. So did I. The black dots on my lungs are reminiscence of juuling [sic]. I’ve been doing it for a year and a half and can never do it again — you really shouldn’t either. I know how hard it is to change anyone’s mind who’s addicted because I was too.”
“And I don’t think anyone could have said anything to make me stop. But your lungs most likely look like this too if you’ve been smoking. Don’t let it get worse — please stop — like really please. It’s so f*****g scary,” he added. Due to the condition of his lungs, Ammirata is not allowed to do cross-country running or scuba diving any more and will have to wait for them to heal before he can fly.
So far, Juul has not responded with any statement in Ammirata’s case.
What do you think of this issue? Let us know in the comments section!
OMG Daboba Just Launched Limited Edition Flavoured Lip Balms & Here’s How You Can Get One Yourself!
It’s hard to believe that we’re well into 2020 already. While there are a lot of changes taking place in...
[Social Experiment] Malaysian React To Sweaty People
Stuck in Terrible Bukit Bintang Traffic, Bikers Came to KL-ites Rescue With a Pleasant Surprise!
A hotspot for locals and tourists alike, Bukit Bintang and its surrounding area is our country’s equivalent to New York’s...
M’sian Woman Decides Not to Go to Wuhan Hometown for CNY Due to Virus, But Her Mum is Coming Here
Beware: M’sian Thief Disguises Self as Electric Bill Contractor to Steal from Victims’ Houses
Deadly Wuhan Virus Speculated to Originate from Bat Soup, Experts Urge Citizens to Stop Eating It
Kind Malay Man Cleans Up Poor Chinese Family’s Home For Free So They Can Celebrate CNY!
S’wak Puts All Hospitals On Alert For Wuhan Virus, Says It’s More Dangerous Than Influenza
102yo Chinese Grandma Treats 50yo Malay Man As Her Own Grandson, Despite Not Being Related
- Viral2 days ago
Video: “Flying” Myvi Gets Stuck On Top Of Divider at JB, Netizens Amazed
- News5 hours ago
Experts Say Deadly Wuhan Virus Can Be Killed By Alcohol & High Temperatures!
- Inspiring2 days ago
This 81yo Grandpa Used to be a CEO But is Now Happier Working as a Sales Assistant
- Viral2 days ago
M’sian Man Sexually Assaulted in KL Mall Toilet, Predator Chases Him to Staircase With Zip Open
- Funny1 day ago
Man Advertises Red Pasar Malam Stool As Cosplay Prop for RM284 & Someone Actually Wants It!
- News2 days ago
Needlefish Attacks Teenager & Stabs Him in The Neck While He Was Fishing With His Parents
- Malaysia2 days ago
3 TARUC Students Robbed By Motorcyclists Armed with Parang in 1 Week, Public Warned to Be Alert
- Viral2 days ago
Pet Lion Struggles To Clean Itself After Cruel Owner Smashes Birthday Cake Into Its Face