Connect with us

Malaysia

16yo M’sian Sleeps with Earphones On While Phone is Charging, Gets Electrocuted to Death

Published

on

16yo M'sian Electrocuted to Death While Using Earphones with Charging Mobile Phone In Bed - WORLD OF BUZZ 2
Source: Facebook
Rocket WOBGet the latest viral stories daily! Like us:


Oh no, this is such a tragic loss! Many of us like to use our phones while they are charging but this can lead to detrimental consequences. A 16-year-old student was recently discovered dead in his home at Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas, Negeri Sembilan while he was sleeping.

16yo Student EDies While Using Charging Mobile Phone - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: Facebook

Based on a report by Sinar Harian, the boy identified as Mohd. Aidil Azzahar Zaharin was found dead at around 12.45pm on Monday (December 4) by his mother when she saw that he looked like he was motionless. He was found with his charging smartphone and was wearing his earphones while sleeping in his bed. 

Apparently, the cause of death was due to electrocution from his charging smartphone that travelled to his body through his earphones. District police chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said that the boy’s mother had left for work at around 7.45am and saw Aidil lying on the floor of the bedroom and thought that he was still asleep.

16yo M'sian Electrocuted to Death While Using Earphones with Charging Mobile Phone In Bed - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: Facebook

However, she went home during lunchtime but was surprised to see her son still in the same position in his room so she went in to wake him up. His mother said that when she tried to wake Aidil up and touched him, his body felt cold. She immediately contacted a nearby clinic and a medical officer rushed over to the house to check on the boy. The boy was confirmed to have passed away hours earlier.

Checks on Aidil’s body showed that there were no signs of bruises or wounds except for his left ear, which was bleeding and had burn marks. Anuar Bakri said, “It is believed that the victim was wearing the earphones that were connected to the charging smartphone that was beside him.” 

16yo M'sian Electrocuted to Death While Using Earphones with Charging Mobile Phone In Bed - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Source: Facebook

Aidil’s brother said that when he tried to turn off the electrical outlet, he felt a slight electrical shock when he touched the cable. Post-mortem reports from the Seremban Tuanku Jaafar Hospital confirmed that the victim had died due to electrocution.

Photos of Aidil and his case circulated on social media with users warning parents to pay attention to their children so that a similar tragedy would not occur.

Be careful and it might be best not to use your phone while it’s charging!

 

Also read: 18yo Girl Dies Mid-Convo with Relative as Charging Mobile Phone Explodes

M'sian Girl Suffers Burns On Hand Due to Charging Phone Overnight - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Rocket WOBGet the latest viral stories daily! Like us:

Featured

TRENDING