Regardless of what stream we ended up taking in sekolah menengah, whether it was Art Stream or Science Stream, we’ve all had our fair share of hearing a ton of biased, stereotypical comments being thrown at us by friends or aunties and uncles.
Well, if you are–or were–from Science Stream, here are some things you’ll completely, 100 per cent relate to:
1. You’re automatically perceived as the nerd or smarty pants in your group, especially by the Art Stream students
Despite the fact that you’re struggling to pass Add Maths and getting straight B’s or C’s in your exams.
2. That surprised look you get every time people find out you love to party, or listen to rock music/ EDM/ hip hop
No, science stream students don’t just sit around sipping tea and listening to jazz all day.
Also, it’s not like what we study has any correlation with our music preference or hobbies, kan?
3. Your friends/ relatives/ teachers instantly assume you’ll become a doctor or engineer in the future
Padahal, you actually want to become a writer or businessman.
4. Questioning half of the things you’re studying and when dafuq you’ll ever use it in life
Algebra? Calculus? Sure, let me find ‘x’ when I buy something from the supermarket!
5. ‘Automatically’ being placed into science stream just because you were ‘smart’ or did well for your PMR/PT3
Let’s be honest, you didn’t give it a second thought. It’s a normal thing to just masuk Science Stream right?
6. Plus you know either your parents or kepochi relatives WILL freak tf out if you said you wanted to pursue Art Stream instead
To those kepochi relatives: NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION!
7. Wishing you could take Art Stream subjects like Ekonomi Asas or English Literature
These subjects always seemed a lot more interesting but we could never take them because we were stuck in science stream. Even if we were allowed to, we’d have to attend extra classes and study for additional papers during SPM. As if 10 subject not enough.
8. Attending your first few classes and realising you never want to pursue anything science-related in the future, ever
Science subjects are cool and everything, but as a full-time job? Count me out, tks.
9. Having high hopes pinned on us like, “you’re the future of Malaysia”
We are ALL the future of Malaysia regardless of what we study and we ALL have a role to play. Not just us science students, excuse me.
10. “You’re all smart students, you shouldn’t be talking in class”
As if talking is so shocking right? I mean come on, we’re 16 and 17 year olds! What do you expect!
11. The never ending battle between Science vs. Art stream students on who has it tougher
This argument probably still happens now between friends, even though we’ve left the menengah life a long time ago. Why so kiasu? Both also hard lah.
12. That dramatic gasp everyone does when you did something wrong or bad ass because apparently, all Science Stream students are Mr./Mrs. Goodie Two Shoes (and are NOT supposed to be cool)
Whether we skipped class, got into trouble for talking, or kena denda because we reached school after Perhimpunan started, it’s always shocking to our friends. We can be pretty bad ass too okay!
Well, there you have it Science Stream peeps, just some of the most annoying things we had to go through while in high school. Obviously, there are still a hundred other annoying moments we have yet to include, but the list would be too crazy long wei.
Stay tuned for more!
M’sia Day: From Good Memories to Biggest Struggles, M’sians From Different Walks of Life Share Their Inspiring Stories
As we all know, Merdeka has passed, and Malaysia Day is fast approaching. And for those of you who often...
Forget Flying to Jeju For Cherry Blossoms, Visit This Immersive innisfree Event Instead For Free Goodies & More!
Very often, when we say “Korea”, some of the very first things that come to mind are skincare products, the...
Looking For Your Next Holiday Destination? Here Are 3 Hidden Gems in Vietnam You MUST Visit!
You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come...
Rempit Kids Are Cheating Death Again by Doing “Superman” Pose, This Time on PLUS Highway
Tuition Teacher Rapes Underage Student 285 Times & Promises to Marry Her When She Turns 18
You Can Actually Un-stick Your Superglued Fingers With Salt
Malaysian Loses 75kg in Only 6 Months by Doing 20 Minutes Exercise Every Day
Heartbreaking Moment Old Uncle Sells Food Past Midnight, But No One Buys From Him
Did You Know Malaysians Can Actually Renew Their Passport Online? Here’s How
- Malaysia1 day ago
Wife of Famous M’sian “Tit Tar” Master was Allegedly Domestically Abused and Beaten
- Inspiring1 day ago
Baptist College In Australia Changes Dress Code To Accommodate Their First Hijabi Student
- Cute2 days ago
Cat Comes Home With Gift For M’sian Owners, Turns Out to Be a Live Rat
- Viral2 days ago
Shameless M’sian ‘Chups’ Parking Spot in Sentul, Start Recording When Netizen Calls Him Out
- News2 days ago
Six Cannabis Plants Allowed For One Home Under Proposed Law In Thailand
- Inspiring2 days ago
Mum Shares Heartbreaking Photos of How Her Daughter Supports Cancer-Stricken Brother
- Viral1 day ago
M’sians Are Sticking Pantyliners in Surgical Masks to Fight Haze & We Can’t Believe It
- Malaysia1 day ago
End of an Era: Mid Valley’s Speedy Outlet is Closing for Good on 15th September