Listen to this post:
Regardless of what stream we ended up taking in sekolah menengah, whether it was Art Stream or Science Stream, we’ve all had our fair share of hearing a ton of biased, stereotypical comments being thrown at us by friends or aunties and uncles.
Well, if you are–or were–from Science Stream, here are some things you’ll completely, 100 per cent relate to:
1. You’re automatically perceived as the nerd or smarty pants in your group, especially by the Art Stream students
Despite the fact that you’re struggling to pass Add Maths and getting straight B’s or C’s in your exams.
2. That surprised look you get every time people find out you love to party, or listen to rock music/ EDM/ hip hop
No, science stream students don’t just sit around sipping tea and listening to jazz all day.
Also, it’s not like what we study has any correlation with our music preference or hobbies, kan?
3. Your friends/ relatives/ teachers instantly assume you’ll become a doctor or engineer in the future
Padahal, you actually want to become a writer or businessman.
4. Questioning half of the things you’re studying and when dafuq you’ll ever use it in life
Algebra? Calculus? Sure, let me find ‘x’ when I buy something from the supermarket!
5. ‘Automatically’ being placed into science stream just because you were ‘smart’ or did well for your PMR/PT3
Let’s be honest, you didn’t give it a second thought. It’s a normal thing to just masuk Science Stream right?
6. Plus you know either your parents or kepochi relatives WILL freak tf out if you said you wanted to pursue Art Stream instead
To those kepochi relatives: NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION!
7. Wishing you could take Art Stream subjects like Ekonomi Asas or English Literature
These subjects always seemed a lot more interesting but we could never take them because we were stuck in science stream. Even if we were allowed to, we’d have to attend extra classes and study for additional papers during SPM. As if 10 subject not enough.
8. Attending your first few classes and realising you never want to pursue anything science-related in the future, ever
Science subjects are cool and everything, but as a full-time job? Count me out, tks.
9. Having high hopes pinned on us like, “you’re the future of Malaysia”
We are ALL the future of Malaysia regardless of what we study and we ALL have a role to play. Not just us science students, excuse me.
10. “You’re all smart students, you shouldn’t be talking in class”
As if talking is so shocking right? I mean come on, we’re 16 and 17 year olds! What do you expect!
11. The never ending battle between Science vs. Art stream students on who has it tougher
This argument probably still happens now between friends, even though we’ve left the menengah life a long time ago. Why so kiasu? Both also hard lah.
12. That dramatic gasp everyone does when you did something wrong or bad ass because apparently, all Science Stream students are Mr./Mrs. Goodie Two Shoes (and are NOT supposed to be cool)
Whether we skipped class, got into trouble for talking, or kena denda because we reached school after Perhimpunan started, it’s always shocking to our friends. We can be pretty bad ass too okay!
Well, there you have it Science Stream peeps, just some of the most annoying things we had to go through while in high school. Obviously, there are still a hundred other annoying moments we have yet to include, but the list would be too crazy long wei.
Stay tuned for more!
I Mailed Myself to My Mom in Damansara Utama
We Try Malaysia’s First Spicy Noodle Soup Challenge
Explore Ancient Remnants, Floating Villages & MORE For The Adventure Of A LIFETIME At Siem Reap
Intrigue, cultural discoveries, mystery, and excitement—what’s a holiday without a little bit of adventure? Whether you’re a solo traveller, couple...
Police Shares How Cute Doggo Shows up at Texan Police Station and Has a “Ball” With Them
Creator of Lego Minifigure, Jens Nygaard Knudsen Passed Away at 78
5 Year Old in Terengganu Suffers Broken Cheekbone, Believed to Have Been Abused at Home
Company Behind Collapsed Condo In Taman Desa Used Illegal Immigrant Workers & Underpaid Them
“Difficult To Deal With Indian Buyers,” Property Agent Tells M’sian Lady Wanting To View House
Restaurant In Sabah Just Created Worm Sushi & People Are Actually Starting To Like It!
- Food1 day ago
Do You Pick The Taugeh Out Of Your Char Keuy Teow? Here’s What Science Says!
- Culture1 day ago
Why Do M’sian Hairdressers Always (Frustratingly) Cut Our Hair Way Too Short?
- Viral1 day ago
Video: Did A Dust Storm Just Hit the Shores of Penang?
- Malaysia1 day ago
Man Suffers 18 Hour Erection, Doctors Think It Could Be Caused by Marijuana
- Viral1 day ago
Exposed: Workers in Indonesia Repackaging USED Surgical Masks For Sale
- Heartbreaking1 day ago
Animal Shelter in Mexico Surprised By a Dog At Their Doorstep With Heartbreaking Letter
- Viral9 hours ago
Watch: Klang Man Tries to Rob Jewellery Store, Gets Injured and Caught by Public
- Malaysia1 day ago
EPF Announced Lowest Dividends Since 2008, Netizens Are Not Happy