What was meant to be a wonderful day celebrating Songkran ended up in tragedy for this young couple.
25-year-old Supaporn Beddoes sadly passed away on April 12, 2017 at a Songkran Party in Baan Dung, Thailand.
According to Coconuts Bangkok, Supaporn was about to move to England with her husband a few days after the party.
Unfortunately, the pretty young lass couldn’t make it as she got electrocuted to death by faulty wires during the event.
Worst of all, the organiser offered only THB20,000 (RM2,571) to Supaporn’s family as compensation!
The deceased woman’s mother, Duangchai Saengchart, 47, told the press that the organiser allegedly ran out of money, so they could only offer that much.
The heartbroken mother said that Supaporn was the family’s breadwinner and she was supposed to move to England to enjoy a new life with her husband just after the celebration.
Thankfully, the police had decided to get involved in this matter. They have collected forensic evidence from the scene and will charge the event organisers for recklessness.
Of course, Michael Beddoes, the departed’s husband, was terribly hurt by the loss of his wife. The sorrowful man wrote on his Facebook,
“I miss her so much. Will be in my heart forever. RIP, teerak (darling).”
Even Thai netizens could empathise with the poor dude’s suffering as they expressed their condolences all over social media.
Who knew having fun at a party would led to one’s death? Always be careful and be safe, you guys! 🙁
Hopefully justice will be brought to Supaporn too. May she rest in peace.