Malaysians generally love food. And regardless of the state of the restaurant, be it an old kopitiam or roadside mamak, if the food is good, we’ll still eat it!
But one thing we absolutely CANNOT accept is our food being contaminated!
So, imagine how outraged Malaysians were when pictures of maggots found in a McChicken burger from McDonald’s recently went viral.
Nope, those ain’t sesame seeds!
Facebook page We Are Malaysians shared several pictures of these maggot infested burgers on their page and Malaysians are in complete disgust.
Worst of all, it took place in a so-called reputable fast food chain.
The incident took place in Damansara Uptown’s McDonald’s branch at 2.25PM on March 15, 2017.
The maggots were found all over the burger – in the vegetables, mayonnaise sauce, bun, cheese, and patty.
Netizens believed that the maggots could have been from the mayonnaise.
Obviously, Malaysians just could not take this atrocity. Many slammed the famous fast food chain for its lack of hygiene and even quality food.
“The food already so nasty, of course not surprised got such things in the food too.”
“So called ‘atas’ restaurant for families. How can people feed their children food like that?”
Others questioned if this case was true as the pictures were shot too up close and most couldn’t be sure if that’s a McD’s burger.
As of now, McDonald’s has yet to release a statement regarding this incident.