If you’re Malaysian and had no idea about the Coldplay concert in Singapore this past weekend, have you been living under a rock?!
As we all know, hundreds and maybe even thousands of Malaysians made their way to Singapore and had the best time of their lives. And then there’s us.
That’s why we made this list of “Depressing Things Every Malaysian who Didn’t See Coldplay Will Understand“!
1. Seeing the social media spam from your friends who went to the concert
It’s already bad we missed the concert, but now we’ve got to see all our friends post thousands of pictures on literally all of their social media platforms!
It honestly just makes us want to destroy our phones so we can make it all stop!
2. Watching videos of Coldplay’s other concerts to feel like you’re seeing them live
You think watching their concerts on YouTube would help cheer you up, but it makes you feel even worse!
3. Killing yourself internally because you missed the extra ticket sales
Remember that time you found out there were extra tickets on sale the day before the concert’s first night, but you were too late to get them by the time you found out?
Yeah, we know the feeling.
4. Immediately feeling “triggered” when you hear any of their songs out of nowhere
Picture this: you’re casually driving on the road when suddenly, a Coldplay song comes on the radio. At first, you feel happy but soon remember that you didn’t get to go to the concert to hear this song live. Cue the tears!
Give us some time, we’re still recovering from all the sadness, okay!
5. When your friends come back and share how AMAZING it was
Yes I understand how awesome it was. But pleaseeee! SPARE ME!
It hurts every. single. time.
6. Secretly hope that someway somehow they decide to come to Malaysia
You try to feel better by telling yourself, “maybe since Coldplay got such a good response from Singapore, they can also come to Malaysia for their next tour!”
Hey, we can dream okay!
7. Then there’s the ones who didn’t even bother going to their concert in the first place
The ones who are left unphased about how cool Coldplay and not understand the pain you’re going through. How I wished to be your cold-hearted soul right now.