Let’s face it, travelling is the in-thing now. I mean, there’s so much to see and experience, and we understand why some people become wanderlusts.
And for some of us, one of the best ways we could do that without breaking our banking account is through work and travel. Usually about 1-3 months, and up to 6 months for the adventurous. Here’s a list of the best countries to do so!
But as a general rule, be sure that you have some savings in your bank before applying ya!
1. AustraliaAh yes, the land down under. It’s no surprise why most Malaysians would love to travel to this scenic country. Aside from its vast outback to explore, there are plenty of major cities along the coastal lines that would make you feel like home. To get you started, you would need to apply for the Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) that’ll grant Malaysians 100 days entry to the country. Other requirements include:
- Being between 18 and 30 years old
- Hold tertiary education qualification/at least 2 years undergraduate study
- Have savings aside for expenditures
The jobs that are usually offered are waiting tables, farm work and fruit picking. Also, you might be excited to hear that Australia has a minimum wage of AUD17.70/hour!
More information about the visa can be found here.
2. FranceThere’s an air of intrigue when it comes to this beautiful country. More than just timeless architecture, France is famed for their brilliance in both art and science.
We lucky Malaysian passport holders will not require additional visas nor a work permit to begin our working holiday plan, though your ‘stay’ will be limited to 90 days.
3. New Zealand
New Zealand is exactly what you would imagine to be the BEST place for work and vacation, on top of almost everything else!
THe country is like a whole new world. I mean, how can anyone forget the majestic sceneries and the backdrop that brought The Lord of the Rings movies alive? But enough about scenery, let’s talk about how living here is just as magical.
This beautiful country opens their next work and travel visa application in January 2017, where us Malaysians are able to take up jobs like farm work, baby sitting, waiting tables and more for up to 6 months! But hurry, cause it’s limited to the first 1150 successful applicants (for Malaysia) only.
Check here for more info about the visa application.
While there are but a few Working Holiday programmes available to Malaysians, there are other options that you could go for to experience the culture of other countries, in a touristy kinda way.
4. United StatesSounds far-fetched? Not entirely. It’s possible for Malaysians to have a working holiday in one of the most sought-after countries to visit.
First up is the actual working holiday programme offered by the local recruitment agencies. The only catch is that you have to be of the age of 18 to 30, and a full-time tertiary student at the time of application.
5. South KoreaWe’ve saved the best for last. Despite what South Korea is famed for (we’re looking at you, K-Pop and K-Dramas), it is a country rich with culture and innovation. Aside from its booming entertainment industry, South Korea has a lot to offer through its tantalising cuisine too.
Just Google ‘Volunteer South Korea’ and you’ll be bombarded with tons of agencies and programmes that allow you to visit the country, all while doing your part in contributing to the greater good.
Similar to France, Malaysian passport holders will not require additional visas nor a work permit to gain access to the country, and enjoy 90 days of visa-free visit!All set and ready to begin your journey? Great! There’s just one thing that you might wanna take note of: will you have enough data to stay connected while abroad?
Here’s where Flexiroam could help with that. Flexiroam is an incredible technology that allows Malaysians to earn FREE Internet data to be used in over 100 countries! Up to 100GB in fact! Sounds too good to be true leh?
Even better, subscribe here now to redeem 500MB of FREE worldwide data! Exclusive to World Of Buzz readers only 😉
After all that, once you’ve accumulated enough free data, you can unlock to use them by subscribing to their 1-year membership for only UDS9.99!
So remember to accumulate all your data before travelling! No need to pay for those crazily expensive overseas sim cards already!
Eh, belum cuba belum tahu. Claim that exclusive FREE 500MB here now and see for yourself!