Viral

16-Year-Old Dies After Drinking Soda, Latte and Energy Drink in Two Hours

16-Year-Old Dies of Caffeine Overdose After Drinking Soda, Latte and Energy Drink in Two Hours - World Of Buzz
Source: Veja and AMA
Rocket WOBGet the latest viral stories daily! Like us:


Most of us can’t function in the morning without a good cup of coffee, but did you know that too much caffeine can be detrimental to your health?

On April 26, a fit and healthy teenager named Davis Allen Cripe collapsed after consuming a combo of soda, latte and an energy drink. Two hours after, he fell unconscious in his classroom at Spring Hill High School and was pronounced dead at the hospital later, WLWT reported.

Healthy Teen Dies of Caffeine Overdose after Drinking Soda, Latte and Energy Drinks - World Of Buzz 1

Source: Veja

It was revealed by the coroner that the 16-year-old teen from South Carolina had earlier consumed several caffeinated beverages such as a large diet Mountain Dew, a McDonald’s latte and an unidentified energy drink – all in the span of two hours.



Source: Prevention

This resulted in a huge surge of caffeine in Davis’ body and his heart couldn’t cope with the OD, which led to heart complications. The coroner also warned the public that while caffeinated drinks are generally harmless when taken moderately, consuming them in large amounts can be fatal.

In Davis’ obituary, the heartbroken father described his son as someone ‘who was larger than life and has a heart of gold. He did everything with great passion’. 

Source: AOL

Besides that, the father also said that Davis has always been strongly against alcohol and drugs, and he would encourage others to stay away from them as well. It’s sad to think that Davis died from a ‘substance that was totally legal’.

Caffeinated drinks like coffee and energy drinks can come in handy when we’re rushing to complete assignments or projects. But if you’re experiencing nausea, increased heartbeat and vomiting, you know you need to slow down on your drinks, because those are the symptoms of caffeine overdose!

So, the next time you want to pull an all-nighter, you may want to be careful of the amount of caffeine you take.



Also read: Singaporean Student Drinks Magic Mushrooms, Jumps Out Window to His Death

Rocket WOBGet the latest viral stories daily! Like us:


TRENDING



To Top