Do you remember back when you were younger and finally gotten your first phone? Best-nye! For most of us, our parents would put us on a prepaid plan instead of a postpaid one, as they feared that our young selves had no self-control and would rack up an eye-watering amount on the phone bill.
Regardless of whatever plan you’re using now, be it postpaid, prepaid or no paid, all of us can sure relate to the times when we were on our prepaid plan!
1. Every single SMS and call you’re want to make is like a deliberation between life and death
To reply or not to reply? That is the question.
Jimat duit tahu!
2. Always checking your credit balance
… and being unsatisfied with what you see.
3. That pain that comes with it
Let’s face it, when we check our credit balance, 9.5/10 times it hurts. And then we’d reflect and regret the past 50 SMSes we’ve sent out.
4. The worry that your friend will be like this because you ran out of credit
Bro, it’s not because I don’t want to reply you ok? :'(
5. But when a crush messages you…
We’d scour even the deepest oceans for a top-up!
Not to mention secretly buying top-up so your Asian parents won’t nag you about overusing your credits before the month ends.
6. Miss calling your friends who uses postpaid/has much more credit so you don’t have to use yours
Eh, our credit is super precious you know!
7. Sending MMS only if you’re rich, it’s a special occasion or to your crush
Those were the days before mobile data plans were a thing!
8. Asking friends to transfer credit to you and that you’ll pay them back once you’ve topped up
Please, pretty please? Actually, this feature is still available on the new MyDigi app so you can ask your friends to save you when you are running out of credit.
9. Borrowing prepaid credit from the telco
Desperate times call for desperate measures, especially when your geng or ‘members’ refuse to help. Back then we didn’t have the fortunate of having this service, but now the revamped MyDigi app will be able to help you out of a tight spot when you are in urgent need of a little credit!
10. Contemplating the existence of your phone when you don’t have credit
11. Forgetting to turn off mobile data after you top up
Bye bye newly topped-up credit.
12. Topping up your credit more than usual during special promotions
Asking your Asian parents for more money to top up is no easy feat, but the words special promotion helps sweeten the deal! Anyone else remember the extra 50% bonus on your birthday deal?
13. When you remember that super important phone call/SMS you were supposed to make but your phone is sadly out of credit
Alamak, no more credit!
14. So you search for a pay phone to use…
Do these things still exist?
15. Or hunt for a place to top up
Why isn’t there one when you need it? We all know the frustration of looking for a place to top up but people nowadays have it lucky because the all-new MyDigi app conveniently lets you top up straight from the app! All you need is your debit card, credit card or an online banking account and you can reload your credit anytime, anywhere. Why lah last time don’t have such things?
People who use prepaid these days are really the lucky ones because you can use your credit on add-ons that are SO cheap that it would be a crime not to! You can buy things like 300MB of daily internet for only RM1 via the MyDigi app!
Digi has given a face-lift to its current MyDigi app and made it even better than before. Tons of new features have been added, to give users an even better app experience.
1. New Interface Designed from Customer Feedback
Postpaid, Prepaid and Migrant customers have spoken and Digi listened, transforming the user interface based on users’ feedback. Now, when the app opens, users can have quickly access their account usage, offers, and rewards page.
2. MyDigi Rewards™
Digi users get rewarded everyday with Superdeals at RM0.99, monthly rewards and freebies.
3. Add value to your transactions
Earn badges and unlock free internet when you perform transactions via MyDigi app.
4. Exclusive deals
Get exclusive internet deals at awesome promo prices only in MyDigi app.
5. More payment methods available
Users can now pick and choose from a wider range of payment options, from bank accounts, credit cards, and debit cards.
6. Reimagined Customer Service and Support
Location based email support, live chat from 10am – 9pm daily and track your case (“Incident Tickets”) in real time.